Navigate A1 Beginner
Unlock the rules and patterns of English.
Catherine Walter (Series Adviser), A1 – Paul Dummett Jake Hughes
Shortlisted - ESU English Language Awards 2016
Finalist - The British Council 2017 ELTons Innovation Awards
Navigate combines information-rich topics, state-of-the-art-methodology, and a modern blended package to provide the complete course for the 21st century adult and young adult learner.
Navigate takes an innovative approach to language learning with a state of-the-art syllabus based on the latest research and practical teacher feedback.
- Workbook with/without key
- Coursebook e-book
- Oxford Online Skills Program
- Teacher’s Guide and Resource Disc
- Teacher’s e-Book
- Class Audio CDs
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Coursebook and Workbook e-book pack
- Innovative approach to skills development focused on targeted, language-based activities.
- Information-rich topics and texts immerse adult learners in themes and issues from around the world so that learning English is more relevant
- Driven by learning outcomes and end goals of adult learners, so that learners can make the most of their time
- Based on the Oxford 3000™ so learners are only covering the most relevant vocabulary for them
- Extra supporting videos for teachers from Series Advisor Catherine Walter
Navigate's contemporary, information-rich topics appeal to today’s learners seeking future success in social, professional, and academic arenas.
The state-of-the-art methodology is backed up by latest research and practical teacher feedback to promote accuracy, fluency, and development of all four skills.
The innovative approach to reading and listening with targeted, language-based activities helps learners improve their ability in comprehension.
- Extensive lesson notes with additional pedagogical support offering tips on teaching cultural appropriacy, small talk and critical thinking.
- Make the most of your time in the classroom – flexible content allows you to cover the core essentials in class and tailor extra work and practice for at home
- Get to grips with the course methodology with articles from our expert course consultants and advisers, include in the Teacher’s Guide
- Bring your classroom to life with Navigate iTools
- Extra resources and support on the Teacher’s website help to make lesson planning easier
- Keep your learners on track with editable unit, progress and exit tests on the Teacher’s Resource Disc
- Integrated video and audio you can access straight from the page.
- Improve pronunciation with repeat, record, and compare feature.
- Audio can be slowed down to hear every word clearly.
- Instant marking helps learners check their progress.
- Learners can write and save notes on every page.
Available for iPad and Android tablets via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app, through iTunes and Google Play, and online for computer at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com.
Both learner e-books are available as a pack, accessed through a single code. Those buying Navigate e-books in-app will need to purchase the Coursebook and Workbook separately.
Also available is a Teacher’s edition e-book, providing all the Coursebook content with additional teacher’s notes and resources throughout.
- Automatic marking helps learners check progress and learn from their mistakes.
- Learners can email a page to you to mark, or to add to their learning portfolio.
The Teacher’s edition e-book is, in addition, easy to use and navigate as a classroom presentation tool:
- You can complete activities while you watch.
- Write - or record - sticky notes and save them anywhere on the page.
- Expand images and use them in class for activities and discussion.
Provides your learners with plenty of extra top-down skills practice to complement the bottom-up skills approach of Navigate.
- Modular skills practice aligned to the CEFR – with self-check 'can-do' statements at the end of each module
- Helps learners to actively focus on developing their Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills, in the classroom or at home
- Teachers can monitor learners' progress with a wide range of management tools:
- Track progress at a glance
- Easily report on progress
- Spot strengths and weaknesses
Access to Oxford Online Skills Program (General English, Bundle 2) is packaged with the Navigate Coursebook.
For Navigate A1 Beginner (11)
Navigate A1 Beginner Coursebook and Workbook e-book pack
Navigate A1 Beginner Coursebook Classroom Presentation Tool
|978-0-19-456512-7||Navigate A1 Beginner e-Book (Teacher's Edition)|
|978-0-19-456631-5||Navigate A1 Beginner Workbook e-book|
|978-0-19-456511-0||Navigate A1 Beginner Coursebook e-book|
|978-0-19-456626-1||Navigate A1 Beginner Workbook with CD (without key)|
|978-0-19-456627-8||Navigate A1 Beginner Workbook with CD (with key)|
|978-0-19-456628-5||Navigate A1 Beginner Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Support and Resource Disc|
|978-0-19-456508-0||Navigate A1 Beginner Class Audio CDs|
|978-0-19-456624-7||Navigate A1 Beginner Coursebook, e-Book and Oxford Online Skills Program|
|978-0-19-456623-0||Navigate A1 Beginner Coursebook with DVD and Oxford Online Skills Program|