Tom Hutchinson & Kristin Sherman
Five-level general English course that harnesses the power of social networking to help students learn English.
- Уровень: A1-B2
Network uses social networking to link learners for common goals – shared language success and professional growth.
Social networking themes are incorporated through a variety of classroom-based and online tasks. These provide an authentic and meaningful context for language learning.
Network is easy to teach and easy to learn from – the one-page, one-lesson, one-learning outcome approach requires minimum preparation and helps you to track your students' progress.
Additional resources include authentic video from the BBC Motion Gallery, iTools digital resources for interactive whiteboards, and Online Practice that you can assign as homework and track.
- Student Book with Online Practice
- Workbook with Listening
- Multi-Packs Student Book/Workbook A & B Split Editions
- Teacher's Book with Testing Program CD-ROM
- iTools Digital Resources with Video
- Class Audio CDs
- One-page, one-lesson, one-outcome approach ensures achievement
- Your Network activities help students to practice communication in class and online
- Get Connected lessons build social media skills such as creating a personal profile and blogging in English
- Original BBC Motion Gallery video and authentic documentaries develop real-world listening skills
- Online Practice activities, including record and play back conversation activities, provide students with extra opportunities to develop their skills outside class
- Interactive teacher tools such as tracking your students' progress, and communicating and collaborating with them outside of class, help to improve learning outcomes
Network's one lesson per page approach is clear, straightforward, and flexible. You can teach lessons straight off the page with minimum preparation. In addition, the "Now I can" statements at the end of each page enable you to benchmark learning outcomes against international standards.
Network features a variety of networking tasks to develop students' English skills in school, life, and at work. The "Your Network" tasks at the end of each unit invite students to develop their communication skills both in class and online. Get Connected lessons build social media skills connected to social media, such as creating an online profile and blogging in English. Functional language is presented in the context of a fun photo story featuring characters that use networking to solve problems.
Original BBC Motion Gallery video content broadens students' horizons, and authentic documentaries develop real-world listening skills.
Online Practice lets you assign extra practice so students can improve their vocabulary, grammar, speaking, and listening skills outside class. The interactive teacher tools allow you to track your students' progress, see their grades, communicate with them and more.
Network Online Practice is ideal for self-study, enabling students to practice their grammar, vocabulary, speaking, and listening skills outside class.
Speak and record practice allows students to practice their conversation skills. Students record themselves as a character from the Conversation or Your Story pages in the Student Book then play the audio back to hear the dialogue in full, improving their pronunciation and fluency.
A comprehensive testing program with over 20 tests per level, makes it easy for you to review your students' progress throughout the course. The tests are automatically graded and reported to your class Gradebook, saving you time.
Set up Discussions with your students on any topic and stay in contact with them using the Messaging and email tools.
The online Gradebook keeps you up to date with students' learning, making it easy for you to track and report on progress, and letting you quickly identify strengths and weaknesses within a class.
The Network Online Practice access code can be found on the inside back cover of the Student Book.
Research shows that there are five key benefits to deploying social media in support of English language teaching and learning. Read more about the research behind the social networking activities in Network.