New English File Upper-Intermediate
A general English course for adult learners.
- Part of: New English File
- Language Level: Upper-Intermediate (B2)
New English File Upper-Intermediate gets your higher-level students talking.
With texts that make students want to speak, plus full skills coverage, you can keep students motivated and challenged – specialist features cover high-level grammar and pronunciation accuracy.
You can download lesson ideas and extra resources at the highly popular Teacher's Site, and now there is completely new Online Skills Practice material for students – see below.
- Student's Book
- Student's Book MultiPACKs
- Teacher's Book with Test and Assessment CD-ROM
- Workbook with MultiROM (with and without key)
- Class Audio CDs
- Online Skills Practice
- Great texts that motivate students to talk
- Four-skills syllabus with a clear focus on pronunciation
- Colloquial English lessons with video - authentic real-world interviews
- Mini grammar and Get it right features for higher-level learners
- New English File iPack - digital resources for interactive teaching
- Online support, resources and lesson ideas
Skills, especially speaking, have traditionally been more difficult to practise outside of class, but digital technology now makes this possible. Now, your Upper-Intermediate students have practice activities for each skill in every unit of the Student’s Book, and it’s all online.
But how do they get access to it, and what does it deliver?
Access comes from a code on the 2011 New English File Upper-Intermediate MultiROM – students just put the disc in their computer, click on the website link, and register.
As for the material ... well, that’s completely new and unavailable anywhere else – it’s exclusive to the skills practice website.
The site has speaking and writing functionality, which means students can record their speaking and save their writing then submit those pieces to their teacher for marking. For listening and reading, students get instant feedback on their answers.
And because Online Skills Practice works as a self-study resource, we’ve made sure there’s plenty of support available. As well as the instant feedback there are tips for every task, a built-in dictionary look-up feature, and speaking and writing models for the activities.
Finally it gives you, the teacher, an extra way to assess your students’ progress in the four skills.
Upper-Intermediate Online Skills Practice will be available May 2011, and we hope you find that it’s a useful addition to New English File’s range of components, resources, and support.