The world's best-selling English course - a perfectly-balanced syllabus with a strong grammar focus, and full support at all six levels.
- Language Level: 6 levels: Beginner to Advanced
With its proven methodology, Headway is the course you can always trust.
The strong grammar focus, clear vocabulary syllabus and integrated skills work give you lessons that really work in class.
Constant updates mean the material is always current, and with a huge range of components available - including new digital resources for interactive whiteboards - you've always got support where you need it.
Headway Fourth Edition Video (Beginner-Intermediate) is now available in a DVD pack with photocopiable worksheets.
- Clear focus on grammar
- Balanced, integrated-skills syllabus
- Real-world speaking skills - Everyday English, Spoken English, Music of English
- Digital resources for interactive whiteboards - New Headway Classroom Presentation Tool
- Full teacher support - resources, photocopiables, tests and more - in print and online
How does Headway deliver lessons that really do work in class?
Short answer: methodology.
Headway's balanced methodology combines the best of traditional approaches - solid grammar and practice, vocabulary development etc - and newer approaches, such as communicative role-play and personalization.
Authors Liz and John Soars have developed a set of principles which "... is a summary of all we believe when writing and teaching."
Here are three of them:
i) Grammar has a core place in language teaching and learning.
ii) A wide variety of practice tasks in all the four skills are essential to language learning.
iii) Everyday expressions, particularly of spoken English, also need a place in the syllabus. These can be functional, social, situational or idiomatic.
Enhance your students’ learning experience with the Headway fourth edition e-books offering all Student’s Book content with extra interactive features.
- Personalize learning: save audio or written notes anywhere on the page.
- Slow down the built-in audio to hear every word clearly.
- Improve pronunciation with the listen, record and compare feature.
- Help students check their progress with automatically marked exercises.
Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Classroom Presentation Tool
Headway Classroom Presentation Tool gives you complete flexibility when you want digital resources for the interactive classroom.
- Complete Student's Book plus audio and answer keys.
- Complete Workbook plus audio and answer keys.
- Scripts to accompany audio and video activities.
- Built-in tools personalize interactive lessons
A new digital companion to the Student's Book that helps your students revise and review classroom material and improve all four skills and practice their grammar and vocabulary in the comfort of their home.
- Choose to practice by Skill or by Unit
- Interactive reading, listening and writing practice with instant feedback on answers
- Grammar Tutor with audio explanations to cater for different learning styles
- Brand new video material with interactive exercises
- Selected Student's Book audio with interactive exercises
A new digital companion to the Workbook that helps students assess their knowledge and check their progress.
- Listen to all Workbook audio on your computer or MP3 player
- Practice your grammar, vocabulary and Everyday English with a multiple choice test at the end of each unit
- Test your exam skills on oxfordenglishtesting.com with your built-in free access code to a sample exam
- Step-by-step student support – Each learning module follows an Engage-Explore-Task-Reflect activity sequence to ensure that students practise and learn effectively on their own.
- Aligned to the CEFR – Give your students practice at the level that's right for them, with self-check ‘Can-do' statements at the end of each module.
- Media-rich – Motivate your students with compelling visual content including videos, interactive info-graphics and striking photography on culturally diverse topics.
- Flexible – Reorder content and decide how and when you want to assign homework: ideal for differentiated learning.
- Adaptable – Create your own new content to meet the needs of your students, including your own speaking and writing tasks, tests, discussions and live chat, and uploading videos, audio, or PowerPoint presentations.
- Measurable – Monitor your students' progress with a wide range of management tools.
- The access code for Online Skills is in the Student's Book.