You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Teachers around the world tell us they love the Smart Choice "one page = one lesson" approach that allows for flexible and focused classes.
Smart Choice Fourth Edition gives students more ways than ever to get involved, get motivated, and get speaking with new videos at the right level and dedicated speaking lessons to give students opportunities to speak in English.
- Student Book with Online Practice
- Multi-Pack: Student Book/Workbook A
- Multi-Pack: Student Book/Workbook B
- Teacher's Guide with Teacher Resource Center
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Student Book e-book
- Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool
- New Over To You activities in each Student Book unit equip students to create their own dialogues in English. Structured activities and conversation models support students of all levels.
- New documentary videos enable students to explore real-life topics. Students can practice speaking skills with activities after each video in the Bonus Units.
- Dedicated speaking lessons give students real opportunities to speak in English, including quizzes, surveys and games.
- Smart Choice Online Practice is now optimized for mobile use. Students can access all activities, extra practice, audio and video in class, at home, or on the move.
- New Classroom Presentation Tool shows the Student Book on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
- New Teacher Resource Center saves time with all teaching resources stored in one place online, plus Gradebook to help easily track students' progress on Online Practice.
Get students speaking
- New Over to You activities help students create their own dialogues.
- Dedicated speaking pages give students fun opportunities to speak in English, including quizzes, surveys, and games.
100% new video engages students in class:
- New conversation videos show everyday scenarios to teach practical and relevant conversation skills.
- New documentary videos enable students to explore real-life topics, and give students confidence, whatever their level.
- New Teacher Resource Center saves you time with all teaching resources in one place online, plus a Gradebook to help you easily track your students' progress on Online Practice.
- New Classroom Presentation Tool helps you to get students' attention and deliver heads-up lessons.
Smart Choice is designed to expand students’ existing knowledge of English, supported by engaging reading, listening and practice material and the “one page = one lesson” approach. An impact study* was conducted in order to gain an in-depth understanding of how teachers perceive that the Smart Choice series has improved students’ engagement and participation in their learning of English.
* An impact study is research that investigates a particular change or outcome that a product or service has on the group of people it is intended to help or benefit.
How does Smart Choice help students to engage and participate in their English learning?
- 95% of teachers who took part in the impact study agree that Smart Choice has a positive impact on students’ engagement and participation in the classroom.
- 95% of teachers agree that Smart Choice ‘encourages students to cooperate with peers in completing group tasks’.
- 95% of teachers agree that the pair work in Smart Choice is effective in helping to develop students’ interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Download the summary report (PDF, 605 KB)
"The conversation is well built, and the organization and variety of exercises lead the students to become motivated."Teacher, Brazil
"…it was the first time that the students had the opportunity to discuss the topic in English, and I was pleasantly surprised at their enthusiasm."Teacher, South Korea
"…speaking activities motivate students in general. They always seem to catch their attention."Teacher, Mexico
"The first page of each unit is always very helpful [in getting] students to participate [in] its new vocabulary and change of subject."Teacher, Brazil
The Smart Choice impact study was conducted in October– December 2019. 106 teachers took part.