When you stretch to reach new goals, you need support. Stretch provides a comprehensive support system and a unique 6 skills approach to help students meet their personal, academic and professional goals.
- Nível: A1 – B1
Stretch is a four-level integrated skills course that supports students to reach their full potential.
In addition to explicit and supportive instruction in listening, speaking, reading and writing, Stretch offers a focus on practical viewing and presenting skills.
Presenting skills instill confidence in public speaking.
Viewing skills use BBC Worldwide Learning videos to teach media literacy for 21st-century success.
The skills practiced in Stretch are chosen to reflect the CEFR can-do statements and help students achieve success on standardized tests such as TOEIC®.
- Student Book with Online Practice access card
- Teacher’s Book with iTools Online
- Multi-Packs A and B with Online Practice access card
- Class Audio CD
- Presenting skills instill confidence in public speaking
- Viewing skills teach media literacy for 21st-century success
- BBC Worldwide Learning videos engage and motivate students with rich, contemporary content
- Skills Snapshots ensure transparent and transferable learning outcomes
- Online Practice offers additional skill instruction and customizable practice that you can assign and track – up to 40 hours per level
- iTools Online transforms each Student Book and Workbook into a media-rich classroom presentation tool to maximize heads-up learning
- The Testing Program offers a variety of written and oral tests, preparing students for standardized tests
- Multi-Packs for teachers with fewer contact hours combine 50% of the Student Book with 50% of the Workbook
- Build confidence in listening, speaking, reading and writing with scaffolded and supportive skill instruction on every page.
- Develop viewing skills for language success with engaging BBC Worldwide Learning videos. Stretch focuses on viewing skills, such as interpreting facial expressions, focusing on visuals and identifying facts and opinions.
- Practice presenting to become confident public speakers. The dedicated presentation skills strand gives students the opportunity to develop presenting skills in a friendly and safe environment.
- Extend learning outside of the classroom. Online Practice offers further skill instruction as well as 120 activities per level. With automatic grading and feedback, students can go online to improve their English anytime, anywhere.
- Transform the Student Book and the Workbook into a media-rich classroom presentation tool. iTools Online presents an interactive version of the Student Book and the Workbook on screen, allowing teachers to create engaging lessons for a broad range of learning styles.
- Track and analyze students’ progress. Stretch Online Practice is supported by a powerful Learning Management System that allows teachers to track students’ progress, analyze their results, and report on progress.
- Test students’ ability in all skills. The Testing Program, delivered on iTools Online, contains a range of oral tests and written tests for continual and final assessment.
- Save time planning lessons. Packed with further skill instruction, teaching tips, extra ideas and alternative activities, the Teacher’s Book supports teachers to plan personalized lessons for each class.
Find out more from Susan Stempleski (Stretch author) and Ben Shearon (Stretch Presenting Skills Consultant).
Expand your students’ English outside of class with:
- 120 all-new practice rich activities per level
- Further skill instruction in all 6 skills
- A powerful Learning Management System so that you can track and analyze student progress