You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Alice Savage, Colin Ward, Kate Adams and Mari Vargo
Trio is a three-level academic skills series that prepares beginning English students for academic success through step-by-step instruction.
- Language Level: A1-B1 (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3)
The Trio Series creates academic success through the gradual development of key academic skills.
With Readiness Units providing fundamental English tools, vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 word list, and essential online practice extending learning beyond the classroom, Trio provides students with the tools they need for success at the earliest stages of language acquisition.
- Student Book with Online Practice
- Online Practice Student Access Card
- Online Practice Teacher Access Card
- iTools USB
- Readiness Units in every level teach the fundamentals of English for beginning students
- Essential online practice extends learning beyond the classroom
- Oxford 2000 keywords provide essential vocabulary
- Engaging Vocabulary and Grammar Chants help students improve accuracy and fluency
- iTools enhances course material by incorporating multimedia content and activities to create an interactive, heads-up learning environment
- iTools gives teachers access to the assessment program, with editable tests and answer keys that save time and allow customized testing
Each level begins with an optional Readiness Unit to provide fundamental English tools for beginning students.
These benefit students who may require extra literacy support or whose first language does not use the English alphabet. The Readiness Units ensure that students have a base to build on before they begin each level.
Vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 keywords
Vocabulary in the series is based on the 2,000 most important and useful words to learn at the early stages of language learning.
The combination of academic topics and controlled vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 word list makes content in the Trio Series approachable for low-level learners.
Grammar and vocabulary in context
The Trio Series teaches vocabulary and grammar in a meaningful context.
By learning vocabulary in phrases rather than individual words, students internalize the construction of that phrase – so they can better understand that word in use and reproduce it with confidence.
Academic Skills Strategies
Each chapter includes Strategies which teach specific academic skills, giving students the tools they need to master the skill themselves.
Essential online practice
Trio Online Practice provides multiple opportunities for skills practice and acquisition—beyond the classroom and beyond the page.
Each unit is accompanied by a variety of automatically-graded activities. Students’ progress is recorded, tracked, and fed back to the instructor.
Resources include Vocabulary & Grammar Chant audio and scripts. The Vocabulary & Grammar Chants are catchy, up-beat audio clips that help students internalize grammar structures and memorize vocabulary to improve accuracy and fluency.
Online practice resources for students:
- 63 activities/20 hours of practice per level
- Vocabulary, grammar, and skills practice
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chant audio and Chant scripts
- Student Book audio
- Customizable tests
- Test answer keys