Trio Reading 1 Student Book
Trio Reading 1 Student Book
Trio Reading is a three-level course that helps beginning English students develop their reading skills through step-by-step instruction.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-400078-9
- Price: $ 49.50
- Binding: Paperback
Trio Reading creates academic success through the gradual development of key reading techniques and strategies. Readiness Units teach the fundamentals of English to prepare students for success at each level, and Vocabulary and Reading Strategies equip students with the skills they need for successful reading. Trio Reading Online Practice extends learning beyond the classroom, providing students with additional practice and support for each chapter's vocabulary, grammar, and skills instruction.
- Readiness Units teach the fundamentals of English to prepare students for success
- Three Make Connections sections in each chapter link texts and the real world to help students develop critical thinking skills
- Vocabulary is introduced in context and is built from the Oxford 2000 list of keywords, the 2,000 most important and useful words to learn
- Sounds of English boxes provide sound-symbol decoding practice and link fluency and reading skills to improve comprehension
- Grammar in the Readings boxes highlight the most important language from the readings
- Vocabulary and Reading Strategies equip students with the skills they need for successful reading
- Accessible paired readings offer more practice to create successful readers
- Signposts in each chapter point students to online practice, extending learning beyond the classroom
- Each chapter is accompanied by a variety of automatically-graded online activities practising Vocabulary, Grammar, and Reading and Vocabulary Strategies
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chants are an engaging way for students to internalize structures and memorize target vocabulary
For added flexibility, each level of Trio Reading begins with an optional Readiness Unit to provide fundamental English tools for beginning students.
Vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 keywords
Trio Reading’s vocabulary is based on the 2,000 most important and useful words to learn at the early stages of language learning.
The combination of academic topics and controlled vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 word list makes content in Trio Reading approachable for low-level learners.
Trio Reading begins each chapter by introducing Oxford 2000 vocabulary. It contextualizes the vocabulary within reading texts, while vocabulary strategies help students to understand the words in use.
Develops critical thinking
Make Connections sections encourage the development of critical thinking skills by asking learners to draw connections between themselves, texts, and the world around them.
Accessible paired readings encourage students to make connections between texts, developing critical thinking.
Creates fluent readers
Sounds of English boxes provide sound-spelling decoding practice to increase reading fluency, and Vocabulary and Reading Strategies teach the most useful skills students need for successful reading.
Motivating Vocabulary and Grammar Chants help students internalize the target grammar structure and vocabulary for greater accuracy and fluency when reading.
Essential online practice
Trio Reading Online Practice provides multiple opportunities for skills practice and acquisition—beyond the classroom and beyond the page.
Each unit of Trio Reading is accompanied by a variety of automatically-graded activities. Students’ progress is recorded, tracked, and fed back to the instructor.
Trio Reading Online Practice is matched to the course material to enhance students' learning, extending it beyond the classroom.
Online practice resources for students:
- 63 activities/20 hours of practice per level
- Vocabulary, grammar, and reading practice
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chant audio, video and Chant scripts
- Student Book audio
- Customizable tests
- Test answer keys
How to get started teaching with the online practice or homework for your course
Take a look at our short tutorial videos, webinar recordings, and guides to help you get started, manage your account, and use the learning management tools.
Go to www.oup.com/elt/teachonline