Trio Reading iTools USB (all levels)
Trio Reading iTools USB (all levels)
Kate Adams and Mari Vargo
|Format:||USB Flash drive|
Trio Reading is a three-level course that helps beginning English students develop their reading skills through step-by-step instruction.
Create an interactive, heads-up learning environment by using iTools to present course material to the entire class.
iTools is a classroom presentation tool that enhances Trio Reading course material by incorporating multimedia content alongside the Student Book. Teachers also gain access to the assessment program, with editable tests and answer keys that save time and allow customized testing.
- Project the full Student Book onto a screen or interactive whiteboard for whole-class practice and involvement
- Work through activities as a class on-screen with the pen and type notes on to the page during the lesson
- Answer keys at point of use makes revealing answers and correcting activities easy
- Mark pages and organize them in folders with the bookmark function so that you always find what you're looking for
- Audio clips and Grammar Chant audio are available at point of use on the page
- Editable tests and answer keys save time and customize testing
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chants are an engaging way for students to internalize structures and memorize target vocabulary
For added flexibility, each level of Trio Reading begins with an optional Readiness Unit to provide fundamental English tools for beginning students.
Vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 keywords
Trio Reading’s vocabulary is based on the 2,000 most important and useful words to learn at the early stages of language learning.
The combination of academic topics and controlled vocabulary based on the Oxford 2000 word list makes content in Trio Reading approachable for low-level learners.
Trio Reading begins each chapter by introducing Oxford 2000 vocabulary. It contextualizes the vocabulary within reading texts, while vocabulary strategies help students to understand the words in use.
Develops critical thinking
Make Connections sections encourage the development of critical thinking skills by asking learners to draw connections between themselves, texts, and the world around them.
Accessible paired readings encourage students to make connections between texts, developing critical thinking.
Creates fluent readers
Sounds of English boxes provide sound-spelling decoding practice to increase reading fluency, and Vocabulary and Reading Strategies teach the most useful skills students need for successful reading.
Motivating Vocabulary and Grammar Chants help students internalize the target grammar structure and vocabulary for greater accuracy and fluency when reading.
Essential online practice
Trio Reading Online Practice provides multiple opportunities for skills practice and acquisition—beyond the classroom and beyond the page.
Each unit of Trio Reading is accompanied by a variety of automatically-graded activities. Students’ progress is recorded, tracked, and fed back to the instructor.
Trio Reading Online Practice is matched to the course material to enhance students' learning, extending it beyond the classroom.
Online practice resources for students:
- 63 activities/20 hours of practice per level
- Vocabulary, grammar, and reading practice
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chant audio, video and Chant scripts
- Student Book audio
- Customizable tests
- Test answer keys
How to get started teaching with the online practice or homework for your course
Take a look at our short tutorial videos, webinar recordings, and guides to help you get started, manage your account, and use the learning management tools.
Go to www.oup.com/elt/teachonline