Trio Writing Level 1 Online Practice
+ Sales Tax
Trio Writing Level 1 Online Practice
Trio Writing is a three-level course that helps beginning English students develop their writing skills through step-by-step instruction.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-485402-3
- Price: GBP 9.99 + Sales Tax
- Licence Length: 18 months
Trio Writing creates academic success through the gradual development of key writing techniques and strategies. Online practice provides essential skills support to accompany the fundamental writing tools students in the main units.
- Readiness Units develop fundamental writing skills to prepare students for success at each level
- Unit assignments mirror the kind of work students will encounter at university
- A step-by-step method guides students through the process of turning their ideas into effective writing
- Oxford 2000 words in each chapter provide key vocabulary to improve students’ writing
- Vocabulary & Grammar Chants are an engaging way for students to internalize structures and memorize target vocabulary
- Vocabulary and grammar are presented in context, providing models for students to produce more accurate writing
- Signposts in each unit point students to online practice, extending learning beyond the classroom
- iTools enhances course material by incorporating multimedia content and activities to create an interactive, heads-up learning environment
- iTools gives teachers access to the assessment program, with editable tests and answer keys that save time and allow customized testing
- Vocabulary and Grammar Chants are an engaging way for students to internalize structures and memorize target vocabulary
Each level includes a Readiness Unit which equips students with the fundamental English skills that they will need to progress through the Student Book. These benefit students who may require extra literacy support or whose first language does not use the English alphabet. The Readiness Units ensure that students have a base to build on before they begin each level.
Essential online practice
Trio Writing provides additional support through online practice that extends the course material. Online vocabulary, grammar and writing exercises allow students to practise their newly developed skills.
Resources for students include Vocabulary & Grammar Chant audio and scripts. The Vocabulary & Grammar Chants are catchy, up-beat audio clips that help students internalize grammar structures and memorize vocabulary to improve accuracy and fluency in their writing.
Grammar and vocabulary in context
Trio Writing teaches vocabulary and grammar in a meaningful context. By learning vocabulary in phrases rather than individual words, students internalize the construction of that phrase - so they can reproduce it in their writing. Vocabulary is drawn from the Oxford 2000, so that students learn the most useful and commonly used words in the English language.
Each grammar lesson is accompanied by two Grammar Notes which explicitly show the correct usage of a grammar point. Students learn useful strategies and models that they can apply to their own work.
Academic writing success
Trio Writing provides students with the tools they need to master a step-by-step writing process: Prepare, Prewrite, Write, Revise, Edit, Publish. By applying this method students will produce a five-paragraph essay in Level 3.
Each chapter includes two Writing Strategies. The Writing Strategies teach specific skills by first showing a model paragraph, and then giving students the tools they need to reproduce and master the skill themselves.
Access will last for 18 months from activation.
The use of this product is subject to the terms and conditions of Oxfordlearn.com.