Wide Angle Level 1 Workbook e-book
+ Sales Tax
Wide Angle Level 1 Workbook e-book
A six-level American English course that empowers adult learners to join any conversation, and say the right thing at the right time.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-483387-5
- Price: USD 20.99 + Sales Tax
Wide Angle is the course that helps your adult learners to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, so when it comes to communicating in the real world, they know what to say and how to say it.
The Workbook offers learners additional practice for every unit of the Student Book, for homework or self-study.
The Workbook e-book comes to life with extra digital features to engage students and enhance their learning experience including audio and interactive activities with automatic marking. Students can study anytime, anywhere.
- Each Workbook includes 12 extra reading texts or listening materials from Oxford Reference, plus activities.
- Activities for the 'English for Real' videos provide students with additional opportunities to study how language is used and adapted in different situations.
- Includes extra grammar and vocabulary exercises related to the unit topic to extend learning.
- Listening comprehension exercises using the 'Unit Review' podcast allow students to practice this skill.
- Discussion Board' activities support students with their online writing so they feel confident to write and post in the Online Practice discussion board.
- Boost your students' motivation to study - the Workbook e-book comes to life with extra digital features to engage students and enhance their learning experience: Complete interactive activities with automated marking; Listen to audio for authentic listening practice, slow it down for improved comprehension, and voice record to practice speaking and pronunciation; Add notes, use the pen and highlighter tool to annotate the page, and save voice recordings; Easily find your way around the book using bookmarks, jump to page, and the search tool.
- Encourage your students to study anytime, anywhere - ready to go activities for inside or outside the classroom, accessible on any device, both online and offline.
- Connect your students to a world-famous dictionary - quickly look up the definitions of words and phrases from the Oxford Learner's Dictionaries with helpful pronunciation guidance, at the right level.
‘English for Real’ lessons equip students with the tools to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, by guiding them on how to respond appropriately in everyday situations.
Videos with the Wide Angle characters encourage learners to think about how to adapt language for different situations, activities guide them to understand and identify differences in language and behavior, and interactive video activities help them to put it into practice. Here students go online to record their response to a situation with the Wide Angle characters. They can play-back the conversation, record it again to improve their response, or send it to you for feedback. So when it comes to responding to situations in the real world, your students know what to say and how to say it.
Content from the real world
Wide Angle brings topics to life through vibrant photographs from world-renowned photographers. Each unit opens with a photo, thought-provoking questions, and a ‘Real-World Goal’ to inspire students to apply the learning to their own lives. Video interviews with the photographers give students unique insights into the story behind the photo, and provide them with real language models to follow.
Supported by a comprehensive syllabus
Every level includes reading texts or listening material from Oxford Reference – a trusted source of over two million academic texts, to give your students authentic learning materials with real vocabulary. Students using Levels 4, 5 and 6 can explore even more content and look up topics of interest with their access to the Oxford Reference digital platform.
The vocabulary in Wide Angle is based on the Oxford 3000™, a list of the most important words to learn in English. Levels 5 and 6 also feature vocabulary from the Oxford 5000™ – an expanded word list for advanced learners of English. Every word in the Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ is aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), guiding students on the words they should know at each level.
Every unit focuses on developing all four skills, as well as a learner’s grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Skills boxes focus students’ attention and give them practical information to take away and use outside of the classroom, and ‘Grammar in Context’ boxes present the grammar on the page at the right point in a student’s learning. Students go online to review the skills taught in every lesson, to practice their grammar and vocabulary, and to access all the course audio and video material.
The licence period for this product is perpetual.
The use of this product is subject to the Oxford Learners Bookshelf terms and conditions.