Wide Angle Level 5 Student Book e-book
RRP: £ 22.49
Wide Angle Level 5 Student Book e-book
Kristin Donnalley Sherman, Gary Pathare, and Jaimie Scanlon
|Format:||Electronic book text|
A six-level American English course that empowers adult learners to join any conversation, and say the right thing at the right time.
Wide Angle is the course that helps adult learners to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, so when it comes to communicating in the real world, they know what to say and how to say it.
The Student Book is available as an e-book, with interactive features designed for language learners.
Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app and on a computer at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com. Learners study online or offline, from a tablet or computer and their work syncs between devices.
- Watch video and listen to audio straight from the page; complete interactive activities or take notes at the same time.
- Instantly check understanding with automatically-marked activities.
- Improve listening: slow down the audio to hear words and phrases clearly.
- Improve pronunciation: students can repeat audio, record themselves and compare to the original.
- Personalize the e-book: save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page, and use the pen and highlighter tool to annotate the page.
- Easy to get around: using bookmarks, jump to page, and the search tool. Look up the definitions of words and phrases on-screen in the Oxford Learner's Dictionary.
- Use the e-book online or offline, on a tablet or computer, and a student's book and progress syncs between devices.
- Students using the Wide Angle Student Book e-book can buy an Online Practice access code for extra course-related practice.
‘English for Real’ lessons equip students with the tools to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, by guiding them on how to respond appropriately in everyday situations.
Videos with the Wide Angle characters encourage learners to think about how to adapt language for different situations, activities guide them to understand and identify differences in language and behavior, and interactive video activities help them to put it into practice. Here students go online to record their response to a situation with the Wide Angle characters. They can play-back the conversation, record it again to improve their response, or send it to you for feedback. So when it comes to responding to situations in the real world, your students know what to say and how to say it.
Content from the real world
Wide Angle brings topics to life through vibrant photographs from world-renowned photographers. Each unit opens with a photo, thought-provoking questions, and a ‘Real-World Goal’ to inspire students to apply the learning to their own lives. Video interviews with the photographers give students unique insights into the story behind the photo, and provide them with real language models to follow.
Supported by a comprehensive syllabus
Every level includes reading texts or listening material from Oxford Reference – a trusted source of over two million academic texts, to give your students authentic learning materials with real vocabulary. Students using Levels 4, 5 and 6 can explore even more content and look up topics of interest with their access to the Oxford Reference digital platform.
The vocabulary in Wide Angle is based on the Oxford 3000™, a list of the most important words to learn in English. Levels 5 and 6 also feature vocabulary from the Oxford 5000™ – an expanded word list for advanced learners of English. Every word in the Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ is aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), guiding students on the words they should know at each level.
Every unit focuses on developing all four skills, as well as a learner’s grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Skills boxes focus students’ attention and give them practical information to take away and use outside of the classroom, and ‘Grammar in Context’ boxes present the grammar on the page at the right point in a student’s learning. Students go online to review the skills taught in every lesson, to practice their grammar and vocabulary, and to access all the course audio and video material.
The licence period for this product is perpetual.
The use of this product is subject to the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf terms and conditions.
- Click Add to basket.
- Select the number of copies of the book you need.
- Choose how to pay.
- You'll receive an email with one or more access codes.
- To access your book, follow the instructions in the email.