Wide Angle Level 5 Online Practice
+ Sales Tax
Wide Angle Level 5 Online Practice
A six-level American English course that empowers adult learners to join any conversation, and say the right thing at the right time.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-454667-6
- Price: USD 18.00 + Sales Tax
Wide Angle is the course that helps adult learners to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, so when it comes to communicating in the real world, they know what to say and how to say it.
30 hours of extra course-related practice let's students take control of their learning. Buy your Wide Angle Online Practice access code from this page and receive an email with instructions. Then go to wideangle.oxfordonlinepractice.com to get started!
- Extra reading, writing, listening and speaking practice for students to develop their skills, with scores that are grouped by skill so learners can see where to improve.
- Activities to review the grammar and vocabulary taught in every lesson.
- Access to all the course audio and video, available for learners to stream online or download.
- Automatic marking and instant feedback on activities encourages students to reflect on their learning.
- Online discussion board for classmates to collaborate and share their knowledge.
- Interactive video activities for the 'English for Real' lessons allow students to practice responding to a situation. Students record their voice, play it back, and can record it again to improve their response or send it to the teacher for feedback.
- Online Practice offers extra skills practice, grammar and vocabulary activities, all the audio and video, plus interactive video activities, so students can take control of their learning. Instant feedback on activities encourages students to reflect on their learning, and classmates can collaborate and share their knowledge using the online discussion board.
‘English for Real’ lessons equip students with the tools to uncover and master the hidden rules of English, by guiding them on how to respond appropriately in everyday situations.
Videos with the Wide Angle characters encourage learners to think about how to adapt language for different situations, activities guide them to understand and identify differences in language and behavior, and interactive video activities help them to put it into practice. Here students go online to record their response to a situation with the Wide Angle characters. They can play-back the conversation, record it again to improve their response, or send it to you for feedback. So when it comes to responding to situations in the real world, your students know what to say and how to say it.
Content from the real world
Wide Angle brings topics to life through vibrant photographs from world-renowned photographers. Each unit opens with a photo, thought-provoking questions, and a ‘Real-World Goal’ to inspire students to apply the learning to their own lives. Video interviews with the photographers give students unique insights into the story behind the photo, and provide them with real language models to follow.
Supported by a comprehensive syllabus
Every level includes reading texts or listening material from Oxford Reference – a trusted source of over two million academic texts, to give your students authentic learning materials with real vocabulary. Students using Levels 4, 5 and 6 can explore even more content and look up topics of interest with their access to the Oxford Reference digital platform.
The vocabulary in Wide Angle is based on the Oxford 3000™, a list of the most important words to learn in English. Levels 5 and 6 also feature vocabulary from the Oxford 5000™ – an expanded word list for advanced learners of English. Every word in the Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ is aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), guiding students on the words they should know at each level.
Every unit focuses on developing all four skills, as well as a learner’s grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Skills boxes focus students’ attention and give them practical information to take away and use outside of the classroom, and ‘Grammar in Context’ boxes present the grammar on the page at the right point in a student’s learning. Students go online to review the skills taught in every lesson, to practice their grammar and vocabulary, and to access all the course audio and video material.
Access will last for 18 months from activation.
The use of this product is subject to the terms and conditions.