The key skills for English in the workplace
|Format:||Mixed media format|
Business Essentials teaches core business communication skills in a clear, compact and engaging format.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-473978-8
Business Essentials features six modules covering key business communication skills, with audio and video fully integrated into the course.
Business Essentials is ideal as a standalone short course, or as a complement to a general English course.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book DVD Teacher's guide available online
- Six modules, each covering one key area of business communication, give students the practical language they need for work situations
- Grammar section gives students grammar practice relevant to the six key areas
- Covers the four skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking within a business context
- Audio and video provide useful models of the language being taught
- A BEC practice test helps students prepare for exams
- One-page, one-lesson focus is clear and easy to follow
- Answer key available online
Six modules cover six key areas of business communication: telephone & email, guests & visitors, presenting, tables & graphs, business writing, and job applications. The one-page, one-lesson format is straightforward to teach and ensures that every page has a clear objective to follow.
The Business Essentials DVD is packaged with the book, and features video clips of business communication scenarios. Video and audio are both fully integrated into the course, providing opportunities for speaking and listening practice, and teaching functional language in a real-world context.
The Business Essentials Student's Book also includes a BEC practice test to help students become familiar with the format of the exam.