Express Series English for Legal Professionals A short, specialist English course.
Mixed media format
English for Legal Professionals is an ideal short course for anyone who needs to speak about the law in a business environment to clients, business partners, and colleagues.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-457915-5
English for Legal Professionals is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English.
This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly.
English for Legal Professionals can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice
English for Legal Professionals helps students to speak about the law in a business environment. The course provides students with the language they need to be able to communicate with confidence.
English for Legal Professionals addresses the basic areas of Commercial Law, including company law, employment law, contract law, copyright law, and bankruptcy law.
Every unit places the legal professional in different scenarios, and teaches them how to advise clients on suitable courses of legal action. Authentic documents provide professional vocabulary, and the 'Vocabulary Assistant' offers definitions of legal words and phrases.
Unit 1: Setting up a business: Choosing the right business type, company liability.
Unit 2: Employing people: Employment contracts, amendments, letters of resignation.
Unit 3: Buying and selling goods and services: Preambles, agreements and contracts of sale, contractual disputes.
Unit 4: Protecting intellectual property: copyright, patent, trademark, rights agreement.
Unit 5: Mergers and acquisitions: Planning an acquisition, M & A procedure, financing a takeover
Unit 6: Risk management and insolvency: Assessing legal risk, causes and implications of insolvency, creditors' rights.