A course for both students on catering courses, and trainees in the hospitality and catering industry, who need English to deal with customers and colleagues.
- Language Level: Elementary to Pre-Intermediate.
This new edition of Highly Recommended has been completely revised to take account of innovations and changing practices within the sector.
Highly Recommended 1 and Highly Recommended 2 provide students with simple, functional language for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of situations, from taking reservations to dealing with complaints. The course offers a straightforward approach to developing speaking and listening skills in the context of the hotel and catering industry.
- Student’s Book
- Teacher’s Book
- Class Audio CD
- Topics reflect the real contexts trainees will encounter in their working lives
- Clear focus on key functional expressions and topic-related vocabulary
- Two listening sections with accompanying tasks in every unit
- Activity section in each unit involving real-world communicative tasks and functional English
- Language review sections to check students’ development and progress
Highly Recommended provides the English needed for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of hotel and restaurant situations, such as taking bookings, checking guests in and out, dealing with enquiries and complaints, or taking payments.
The series now includes more listening and speaking practice, an extended real-world activity at the end of each unit, a Language review section with ‘Test yourself’ exercises, and a multilingual wordlist of vocabulary.