You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Highly Recommended 2
An English course for the hotel and catering industry
Trish Stott and Alison Pohl
A new level of this highly communicative course for trainees in the hospitality and catering industry, who need English to deal with customers and colleagues.
- Part of: Highly Recommended
- Other levels: Pre-Intermediate
- Language Level: Intermediate
This new edition of Highly Recommended has been completely revised to take account of innovations and changing practices within the sector.
Highly Recommended 1 and Highly Recommended 2 provide students with simple, functional language for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of situations, from taking reservations to dealing with complaints. The course offers a straightforward approach to developing speaking and listening skills in the context of the hotel and catering industry.
- Student’s Book
- Teacher’s Book
- Class Audio CD
- Topics reflect the real contexts trainees will encounter in their working lives
- Clear focus on key functional language and topic-related vocabulary
- Structured speaking activity at the end of each unit
- Language review sections with additional explanations and 'Test yourself' exercises for consolidation
- 'Glossary' and 'More words to use' sections help develop specialist vocabulary
Highly Recommended 2 provides the English needed for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of work-related situations such as taking reservations, providing local information, serving food and drink, or applying for jobs.
The series now includes more listening and speaking practice, an extended real-world activity at the end of each unit, a Language review section with ‘Test yourself’ exercises, and a multilingual wordlist of vocabulary.