Highly Recommended 2
An English course for the hotel and catering industry
Trish Stott and Alison Pohl
A new level of this highly communicative course for trainees in the hospitality and catering industry, who need English to deal with customers and colleagues.
This new edition of Highly Recommended has been completely revised to take account of innovations and changing practices within the sector.
Highly Recommended 1 and Highly Recommended 2 provide students with simple, functional language for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of situations, from taking reservations to dealing with complaints. The course offers a straightforward approach to developing speaking and listening skills in the context of the hotel and catering industry.
- Student’s Book
- Teacher’s Book
- Class Audio CD
- Topics reflect the real contexts trainees will encounter in their working lives
- Clear focus on key functional language and topic-related vocabulary
- Structured speaking activity at the end of each unit
- Language review sections with additional explanations and 'Test yourself' exercises for consolidation
- 'Glossary' and 'More words to use' sections help develop specialist vocabulary
Highly Recommended 2 provides the English needed for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of work-related situations such as taking reservations, providing local information, serving food and drink, or applying for jobs.
The series now includes more listening and speaking practice, an extended real-world activity at the end of each unit, a Language review section with ‘Test yourself’ exercises, and a multilingual wordlist of vocabulary.