International Express, Upper-Intermediate
This course combines general English with business situations, giving students the social and functional English they need to work, travel, and socialize.
- Part of: International Express
- Language Level: Upper-Intermediate (B2-C1)
This course is specifically designed for adult professional learners who need English for work, and for communication in out-of-work functional contexts, such as travel or socializing.
The balance of general and business English is suitable for those who need to interact in a variety of situations both in and out of the workplace.
The NEW video footage on the Student's DVD-ROM and Teacher's DVD brings the outside world into the classroom, and provides additional speaking and listening practice.
- Student's Book Pack with DVD-ROM and Pocket Book
- Teacher's Resource Book with DVD
- Workbook with Audio CD
- Class Audio CD
- Functional language ready for immediate use
- Balance of general and business English that is more directly relevant to adult professionals
- NEW video footage with every level to improve students' listening and speaking skills
- Student-centred approach, mature lifestyle topics, and authentic international contexts to reflect the real needs and interests of working adults
- Regular review units and self-study options in the Workbook and handy Pocket Book
The course includes topics with broad international appeal to interest and motivate students. The 'Focus on Functions' section in every unit teaches students how to communicate confidently in different work-related situations, such as welcoming a visitor, and participating in discussions.
The NEW video footage available on the Student's DVD-ROM and Teacher's DVD engages students, and improves their communication skills. Documentary-style reports provide authentic language models, and give learners further practice with target language from the unit.
The Student's DVD-ROM contains a wealth of supplementary material, including reading and dictation exercises, a Wordbank with audio clips, and video comprehension exercises. These promote learner autonomy and are suitable for self-study. The Teacher's DVD comes with worksheets which include lesson plans, speaking exercises, video scripts, and answer keys for additional support and resources.