Oxford EAP Advanced/C1
A course in English for Academic Purposes
Edward De Chazal, Julie Moore
A brand new EAP course from Oxford offering an integrated approach to teaching English for Academic Purposes and authentic texts from Oxford textbooks.
Oxford EAP develops the essential skills and academic language for learners who are preparing to study in English at university level, from foundation courses to postgraduate research.
With authentic content from Oxford textbooks and videos of lecture extracts, Oxford EAP is an ideal course for learners from a wide range of disciplines. Its clear structure and user-friendly approach make it an ideal resource for experienced EAP tutors as well as teachers who are starting out in the field.
- Student's Book with DVD-ROM
- Teacher's Handbook Pack (with DVD and audio CD)
- Authentic academic content using extracts from Oxford textbooks
- Integrated skills and academic language
- Video-based lecture extracts to help prepare students for the university experience
- Progressive coverage of all four skills in an academic context
- Accessible and user-friendly approach
- Teacher's Handbook with comprehensive notes and ideas
The modular structure of the course allows tutors and students the flexibility to adapt the material to their own needs, which makes it suitable for use on pre-sessional courses, as well as on in-sessional language support programmes.
- Authentic academic source material from Oxford textbooks.
- A practical and straightforward best-practice approach that inspires confidence in both tutors and students.
- Progressive development of key academic skills, including reading academic texts, video-based listening, academic writing, audio and video based speaking tasks, study skills and research techniques.
- Unit themes appealing to a wide range of learners, whatever their subject of study.
- Modular unit structure, customisable to suit different course lengths and priorities.
- Academic language integrated with skills work.
- Support for non-specialist teachers with methodological notes and introduction to teaching EAP in the Teacher's Handbook.
- Attractive, modern design combining the best features of academic and general English course books.
Specific to Advanced / C1 Level:
- Authentic video-based lecture extracts provide advanced students with an appropriate level of challenge.
- Writing modules help students to develop an appropriate academic style, synthesize ideas from different sources, and perhaps most importantly, find and maintain their own ‘voice’.
- Reading modules focus on how different perspectives are expressed in academic texts, helping students to understand the different arguments surrounding an issue.
- A Research project is dealt with in manageable stages over the second half of the course (units 7 – 12). It leads students through the process of writing an extended essay on a subject of their choice, using library-based research.
For Oxford EAP Advanced/C1 (4)
|978-0-19-400179-3||Oxford EAP Advanced/C1 Student's Book and DVD-ROM Pack|
|978-0-19-400182-3||Oxford EAP Advanced/C1 Teacher's Book, DVD and Audio CD Pack|
|978-0-19-483798-9||Oxford EAP Advanced/C1 Student's Book e-book|
|978-0-19-407586-2||Oxford EAP Advanced Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool|