You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Eric H. Glendinning, James Greenan, Tony Grice, Keith Harding, Martyn Hobbs, Sam McCarter, Alison Pohl, Julia Starr Keddle, and Robin Walker
Oxford English for Careers teaches pre-work students to communicate in English, within the context of their chosen career.
The Oxford English for Careers series is ideal for pre-work students, who will need to use English in work situations.
Each book teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations.
The series supports teachers in vocational teaching situations, providing them with specialist background information for each industry or profession.
- Student's Book
- Teacher's Resource Book
- Class Audio CD
- Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders
- Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
- Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's Site, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision