A course for pre-work students who are studying for a career in the finance industry.
Richard Clark and David Baker
An Intermediate course that provides the language, skills, and practice to help students pass the ICFE exam, and follow a career in the finance sector.
Finance 1 is ideal for pre-work students, studying at intermediate level, who will need to use English to communicate effectively in the financial workplace. Finance 1 develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students need for use in a range of financial careers such as accounting, economics, auditing, tax, banking, insurance, trading, and statistics.
- Student’s Book
- Teacher’s Book
- Class Audio CD
- Authentic and up-to date information in every unit, written and checked by finance industry insiders
- Topic-based syllabus, covering a range of subjects such as banking, stock markets, and company internal finance
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the finance industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers