A course for pre-work students who are studying for a career in nursing.
Tony Grice and James Greenan
Nursing teaches pre-work students to communicate accurately, in English, with patients and colleagues.
Nursing is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate to intermediate level, who will need to use English in work situations. It is also suitable for qualified nurses thinking of working in English-speaking countries.
Nursing develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need when working in a medical environment. These include talking about the body, describing signs of illness, and conveying instructions to patients and colleagues.
- Student's Book
- Teacher's Resource Book
- Class Audio CD
- Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders
- Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
- Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's Site, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision
'Body Bits' focuses on a particular part or parts of the body, and extends students' vocabulary for talking about the body and its functions. The 'Signs and Symptoms' section focuses on common diseases and conditions that are relevant to a specific unit. This provides students with the necessary vocabulary for describing common signs of illness.
Listening and speaking skills are particularly emphasised and practised in Nursing, as these are essential for relations with patients. The 'Patient Care' section teaches students how to convey instructions to patients and their relatives in a sympathetic and clear way, especially if dealing with sensitive matters.
The course supports teachers in the vocational teaching situation, providing them with specialist background information for the medical industry.
For Nursing (2)
Nursing 2 teaches pre-work students to communicate accurately, in English, with ...
Nursing teaches pre-work students to communicate accurately, in English, with pa...
|978-0-19-456988-0||Oxford English for Careers: Nursing 2 Student's Book|
|978-0-19-456991-0||Oxford English for Careers: Nursing 2 Class Audio CD|