Oxford English for Careers: Oil and Gas 1 Teachers Resource Book A course for pre-work students who are studying for a career in the oil and gas industries
Lewis Lansford and D'Arcy Vallance
An elementary course for students studying for a career in the oil and gas industries, who will need English to communicate at work.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-456966-8
- Pages: 112
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x210 inches
Oil and Gas 1 is ideal for pre-work students, studying at elementary level, who will need to use English in work situations.
Oil and Gas 1 develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students need to understand the industry, and apply this knowledge to practical situations such as workshop operations and repairs and maintenance.
- Student's Book
- Teacher's Book
- Class Audio CD
- Authentic and up-to date information in every unit, written and checked by an oil industry consultant and other oil industry experts
- Topic-based syllabus, covering a range of subjects such as drilling, refining, working offshore, repairs and maintenance, and safety
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the oil and gas industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
Oil and Gas is suitable for elementary to pre-intermediate level students studying for a career in the oil and gas industries. Oil and Gas gives students the language, information, and skills they will need for a career in these industries.
A highly communicative course, Oil and Gas provides students with functional language to use in a variety of work scenarios. Listening activities expose students to a variety of situations and accents, from both native and non-native English speakers. Activities include dialogues, presentations, and interviews. The ‘Number Talk’ and ‘Professional Skills’ features in each unit cover items of numeracy, measurement, and associated language relevant to working in the oil and gas industries.
The Writing Bank in level 1 and Reading Bank in level 2 that appears in the middle of the book provides basic writing and reading practice, and teaches students important skills such as technical report-writing.
The course supports teachers in the vocational teaching situation, providing them with specialist background information for the industry.