Technology for Engineering and Applied Sciences: Special Edition
A course for pre-work students who are studying for a career in the technology industry
Eric H. Glendinning, Lewis Lansford and Alison Pohl
Technology for Engineering and Applied Sciences: Special Edition is a course for pre-work students taking technology-related courses, who will need to communicate accurately in English at work.
Technology for Engineering and Applied Sciences: Special Edition is ideal for pre-work students studying at pre-intermediate to intermediate level, who will need to use English in work situations.
The course develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need in order to effectively solve problems in the workplace, discuss the latest technological innovations, and communicate clearly with non-specialists.
This special edition combines selected units from Technology 1 and 2, in addition to 4 brand new units covering Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Digital Technology.
- Student’s Book
- Double Audio CD
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders
- This special edition combines 21 selected units from Technology 1 and 2, in addition to 4 new ones covering Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Digital Technology
- Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
- Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's Site, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision
It presents students with English from a variety of technological fields and situations, such as manufacturing, transport, and medical technology. The course develops students' communication skills, and provides them with background information in major technological concepts.
This special edition combines 21 selected units from Technology 1 and 2, in addition to 4 new ones covering Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Digital Technology. Every unit is supported by listening material on the new double audio CD, as well as teaching notes, photocopiable language tests, and class activities in the Teacher’s Resource Book (available online). Here, teachers can also find an extended Reading and Writing Bank, containing 18 new texts, comprehension questions, and reading and writing tips.
'It's my job' sections offer students an insight into the lives of real people who work in the technology industry. The profiles are based on authentic interviews and sources, and teach students about the skills required for different business environments.
The 'Customer Care' sections give learners extra speaking and writing practice, teaching them how to communicate accurately and clearly in English when explaining complex technical matters to non-specialists.
The course supports teachers in the vocational teaching situation, providing them with specialist background information for the industry.
For Technology for Engineering and Applied Sciences: Special Edition (1)
|978-0-19-456971-2||Oxford English for Careers Technology for Engineering and Applied Sciences Student Book|