Oxford English for Work B1
+ Sales Tax
Oxford English for Work B1
This online course equips adult professional learners with the practical language they need to communicate effectively at work.
- Part of: Oxford English for Work
- ISBN: 978-0-19-456557-8
- Price: GBP 4.33 + Sales Tax
This online course is divided into three key work skills – Telephoning, Socializing and Writing. The content is based around real-world scenarios that generate functional language, meaning students can instantly transfer their learning to the workplace or the communicative setting of the classroom. Oxford English for Work is suitable for self-study, and can be used alongside any business or General English course. The step-by-step activity sequence in every module helps students to practise and learn effectively on their own, and all activities are automatically marked, enabling learners to check their progress. Teacher tools allow you to communicate with students outside class, monitor their progress and adapt the content by hiding and revealing activities.
- Each level includes three key work skills – Telephoning, Socializing and Writing – giving students practical language to use at work immediately
- All activities are automatically marked, so students can instantly check their progress
- Attractive look and feel, with dynamic infographics to enhance the learning experience
- Teachers can use the Learning Management System to set tasks, measure students’ progress and encourage collaboration outside class
Designed for professional adult learners
- Each level includes three key work skills – Telephoning, Socializing and Writing – giving students practical language to use at work immediately.
- Telephoning skills familiarizes learners with all aspects of making a call, such as how to address people, leaving a message, and managing conference calls.
- Writing skills enables students to write effectively at work. Topics include using appropriate register, giving feedback, and writing for social media.
- Socializing skills develops the softer conversational skills students need in and outside work, such as greeting visitors, entertaining, and expressing interest.
- Step-by-step activity sequence encourages students to explore, practise and reflect on their learning independently.
- All activities are automatically marked, so learners can instantly check their progress.
- Gradebook and User Progress tools enable students to check their progress and identify weaker areas where they might benefit from re-doing activities.
- Link to Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries means students can look up unfamiliar words instantly.
Are you using the course with your students? Make the most of these features:
- Gradebook and User Progress tools allow you to monitor students’ progress and identify areas of weakness to target during lesson time.
- Communication tools enable you to send feedback on work, chat online with individuals or groups, set up group discussions and surveys.
- Tailor the course to your students’ needs by hiding activities, setting start and end dates, and organising students into different groups.