Oxford Dictionary of English Idioms Paperback
- Over 14,000 references recorded and described.
- Example sentences taken from a wide range of contemporary sources.
- Explanations of unusual features of grammar and usage.
- Simple grammar scheme showing sentence patterns.
- A detailed index of all nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs used in the idioms.
- A thorough cross-reference system both to other entries in the dictionary and to relevant entries in its companion volume, the Oxford Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs.