Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary, Second Edition
A topic-based dictionary that focuses on everyday, key vocabulary.
The Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary includes 1,200 everyday core vocabulary words divided into 12 topics; all reflect the immediate language needs of beginners struggling to learn English. Nouns, verbs, verb phrases and adjectives are included so that students can begin to use the language immediately. Large type, clear design and new, full-color illustrations also facilitate the learning process.
A fully integrated vocabulary development program in American English, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting critical thinking skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components (in English only) - including Workbooks, Classroom Activities, Audio and website.
- Monolingual English Edition
- English-Spanish Edition
- Teacher’s Book
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Teacher’s Resource Book with Audio CDs
- Audio CDs
- Picture Cards
- Literacy Program
- 1,200 everyday core vocabulary words are included under 12 topics which reflect the immediate language needs of beginners. The new edition contains exercises on every topic.
- Each page presents a manageable amount of new vocabulary (12-16 words).
- The clear design and new, full-color illustrations provide memorable contexts for the vocabulary items.
- The type is large and easy-to-read.
- Nouns, verbs, verb phrases and adjectives are included so that students can begin to use the language immediately.
- An index shows the pronunciation of each item.
- A set of three Dictionary Cassettes features a reading of all the vocabulary items in the dictionary.