Oxford Picture Dictionary Workplace Skills Builder A complete vocabulary development program
Jayme Adelson-Goldstein, Norma Shapiro, and Marjorie Fuchs
The Workplace Skills Builder integrates the workplace topics from the best-selling Oxford Picture Dictionary with practice activities. A focus on workplace vocabulary prepares learners for career success. Presentation and practice provides learners with all the resources they need in one place.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474075-3
- Price: $ 26.19
- Pages: 204
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 279x216 inches
The Workplace Skills Builder seamlessly incorporates visuals, exercises, and downloadable activities from the internet to create a unique learning experience. The vocabulary introduced in this version of the Oxford Picture Dictionary begins with the general workplace and continues on to cover hospitality, food service, retail, healthcare, office, manufacturing, construction, and agricultural settings. Workplace vocabulary is presented in clear, vibrant illustrations that meet the needs of today's language learner. These richly contextualized images will improve vocabulary acquisition. Practice activities allow students to put the words immediately to use, while personalization exercises will encourage them to apply the vocabulary to their work lives, making the new words relevant. The web address for online activities appears right on the page, making it easy to find audio files and encourage independent practice outside the classroom. Since audio and videos are downloadable, students can use them to study anytime, anywhere.
- Content is organized into six sections by workplace setting and includes Hospitality, Restaurant and Food Service, Healthcare, and Office.
- Accompanying video and audio can be downloaded onto tablets, smart phones, and laptops for use anytime, anywhere!
- Visually clear and richly contextual illustrations improve vocabulary acquisition.
- The Listening Practice section contains one listening exercise for every topic, reinforcing vocabulary while building listening skills.
Oxford Picture Dictionary is a fully integrated vocabulary development program, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting language skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components – including innovative digital tools for student practice, interactive whiteboard presentation software, workbooks, classroom activities, audio and more.