Retold by Sue Arengo and Rachel Bladon
Language Learner Literature Awards (for several first edition books)
Richly illustrated books offering classic stories retold for children accompanied by e-Books, audio, and Activity and Play books.
Children love stories. Bring the magic of good storytelling into your classroom with Classic Tales, and they’ll love their English lessons too.
This new edition of the award-winning series uses traditional tales to bring English to life through more than 30 beautifully illustrated stories – now with accompanying:
- Audio Packs
- Activity Books and Plays
- Storybook with Audio Pack
- Activity Book and Play
- Storybook with Audio Pack: a classic story retold with engaging new illustrations, accompanied by activities and an updated picture dictionary or glossary. With downloadable audio from January 2016
- e-Book: an engaging e-Book with audio
- Activity Book and Play for every story: extra activities related to the tale, and the story adapted as a play. Use the playscript in class or on stage!
- Teacher’s website: offers advice on using Classic Tales in your classroom and provides answers to the exercises in the Storybook and Activity Book
You probably already know that stories are powerful teaching tools, particularly with younger learners.
But did you know that the new edition of Classic Tales now makes it even easier to bring the magic of good storytelling into your English classroom?
Use this award-winning series to effortlessly enrich your English lessons with practice in the four key skills – reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Children find the much-loved stories irresistible. Vibrant, colour illustrations on every page bring the stories to life and make it easy for them to follow the narrative. They love looking for the details and finding their favourite characters. A picture dictionary or illustrated glossary helps them with the meaning of key words.
The Storybooks support writing through comprehension activities, and the Activity Books offer a range of extra writing exercises, helping you to make the most of the language presented to students.
The short play in every Activity Book and Play re-uses the same language. There is support for teachers on how to speak the play in class and how to perform the play for an audience.
Students can perform the play for the rest of the class, for other classes, or even the whole school. The play can also be used for a parents’ evening or drama competition.
Every e-Book includes the complete recorded text. Children can consolidate their understanding of the story by listening to the audio version in American English. If you use the e-Book on an Interactive Whiteboard, the whole class can watch and listen together.