- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Dominoes Starter Sheherazade
Second Edition Bill Bowler
King Shahriyar cannot trust women. Every afternoon he marries a wife, but the next morning he always kills her. One day, the Vizier cannot find any more wives for the King. What can he do? 'I can be Shahriyar's new wife!' says Sheherazade, his older daughter. 'God willing I can stay alive, and help the women of our country.' But how can Sheherezade stay alive for a thousand and one nights? And does Shahriyar learn to trust women again in the
end? This famous 'story
of stories' has the answers.
'I can be Shahriyar's new wife!' says Sheherazade, his older daughter. 'God willing I can stay alive, and help the women of our country.'
But how can Sheherezade stay alive for a thousand and one nights? And does Shahriyar learn to trust women again in the end?
This famous 'story of stories' has the answers.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-424716-0
- Pages: 56
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 210x148 inches
Dominoes is a full-colour, interactive readers series that offers students a fun reading experience while building their language skills. With integrated activities, an interactive MultiROM, and exciting, fully dramatized audio for every story, the new edition of the series makes reading motivating for students while making it easy for you to develop their reading and language skills.
- Carefully graded, beautifully illustrated stories
- Fully dramatized audio recordings featuring native-speaker actors, music, and sound effects
- Integrated activities to develop reading skills and increase active vocabulary
- Seven pages of grammar activities in every book
- Interactive MultiROM containing a range of activities and games (for every book)
- Two personalized projects in every book
How do you interest today's multimedia, digital students in reading, especially in a language that is not their own?
Our exciting new edition of Dominoes holds the answer... A full-colour, entertaining, interactive four-level readers series, it offers students an enjoyable reading experience while building their language skills through integrated language activities, projects, and contextualized grammar work.
Dominoes makes reading motivating and fun for students, while making it easy for you to develop their reading and language skills either in or outside the classroom.
So what's new about this edition of this popular series?
* To make Dominoes even more appealing to today's language learner, every book in the new edition is now supported by an accompanying MultiROM. Each MultiROM features fully dramatized audio, interactive activities, games and an interactive wordlist to help students consolidate their vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and language skills. The audio recordings bring the stories to life, and also provide a valuable resource of authentic spoken English for students.
* In addition to the skills-work activities on the MultiROM, we've added seven grammar pages to every book. These offer students an opportunity to revise and practise grammar areas appropriate for their level.
And have you noticed that every Domino now has a beautiful new cover, giving the series a fresh, updated look?