Oxford Read and Imagine Starter
Series Consultant and Author: Paul Shipton
Oxford Read and Imagine invites young readers into an exciting world of great stories. Follow Rosie, Ben, Grandpa and his robot Clunk on their adventures in Grandpa’s fantastic van. This series provides a motivating way to increase contact time with English, both in and out of class.
Watch your students grow up with Rosie and Ben as they enjoy reading at the right level. The language is carefully graded so the Readers are easy to use alongside any coursebook or for reading alone.
A powerful partnership with the non-fiction series Oxford Read and Discover means students can explore the same topic through fact and fiction. Read an adventure set in Africa’s Serengeti, Can You see Lions? and then find out more about how animals use camouflage in Oxford Read and Discover Camouflage.
Learners can complete activities whilst reading or after reading – some with supporting activities for the Cambridge Young Learner Test. Picture dictionaries and glossaries help with unknown words along the way.
- Activity Book
- Audio CD Pack
- e-Books (for selected titles)
- Online Teacher’s Handbook with Photocobiale Worksheets and Answer Keys
- 9-level fiction series that grows up with the young learners
- First three levels are for pre-school
- Exciting stories – follow Rosie, Ben, and Grandpa on their adventures
- Stories at Levels 1 to 6 link to non-fiction Oxford Read and Discover Readers
- In-book activities include Cambridge Young Learners Exams preparation and KET and PET at levels 5 and 6
- Audio in both American or British English
- Free audio for Early Starter, Starter, and Beginner levels
- Selected print-readers are also available as interactive e-books with animated stories, pop-up vocabulary support, and games
- Online Teacher’s Handbook with Photocopiable Worksheets and Answer Keys
Research shows that the more you read,the better your English becomes.Reading in English improves your listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, fluency and confidence – all vital to exam success.
Using Oxford Read and Discover and Oxford Read and Imagine is a motivating way to help your students increase their contact time with English,both in and out of class.These Graded Readers are written and designed specifically for language learners so they can enjoy reading at their level from the very beginning.
Being able to read a book in English gives students a powerful sense of achievement and a chance to put into practice what they are learning from their coursebooks; it helps them consolidate and expand this language.How can I use Graded Readers with my students?
For tips and activities on using Graded Readers with your students take a look at the Activity Books and online Teacher’ Handbook with Photocopiable Worksheets and Answer Keys.
To get your students excited about reading visit the Oxford Big Read Junior– a free step-by-step video guide with practical tips, downloadable resources, and monthly blogs and activities.Visit Oxford Big Read Junior.
“Love this e-book! This is something very attractive to children and will even encourage students that do not normally enjoy reading by making it more like a movie or TV show.“ Teacher reviewing Can You See Lions? e-Book
E-books are an enjoyable way for students to spend even more time with English and to explore their favourite books in new ways. Plus, activities give students a chance to monitor their own learning.
Selected titles from Oxford Read and Imagine are on the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf.
- Enjoy the story with engaging animations, audio, and sound effects.
- Learn new vocabulary with a pop-up picture dictionary (or glossary at Levels 5 and 6), and with vocabulary games.
- Choose American or British English audio.
- Do the interactive activities and check your answers
カテゴリ Oxford Read and Imagine Starter (27)
Clunk draws a tiger. Look! What colour is it?
Grandpa makes a robot. His name is Clunk.
Rosie and Grandpa go to the zoo. They look at the penguins and the lions. What h...