Elements of Success 2
Grammar for Language Learning
Anne M. Ediger, Linda Lee, Randee Falk, Mari Vargo
A refreshing new grammar course that presents grammar clearly, simply, and completely. It’s a series that helps your students learn grammar and remember it. With Online Practice Plus for students.
Elements of Success is a new grammar course which helps students learn the real-world grammar they need to read, communicate, and write effectively. Grammar is clearly presented with highly visual charts and explanations, and extensive four-skills practice helps students apply and remember what they learn.
Online Practice Plus takes learning beyond the classroom, with all new practice activities and automatic feedback which not only gives the right answers but explains why the answers are correct.
With comprehensive resources for teachers including iTools Online.
- Highly visual charts are easy to navigate, present grammar clearly and alert students to common mistakes
- Extensive practice activities, adaptable to the needs of your students, ensure students retain their learning, reducing time spent re-teaching the same grammar points
- Topic-based activities practise the grammar in context, helping students to learn how to apply their grammar learning, and leading to long-term retention
- Open-ended activities – Talk about it, Write about it, and Think about it – incorporate critical thinking and all four skills
- Exercises and explanations use corpus-based, authentic language based on the 2-billion word Oxford English Corpus to ensure that students learn and practice grammar as it is actually used
- Elements Online Practice Plus takes learning beyond the classroom, with automatic scoring which shows the right answer and explains why the answer is correct
- Elements Online Practice Plus for teachers includes tests in a variety of formats, Grammar PowerPoints to support grammar instruction, downloadable student book answer keys, teaching notes, class audio, and audio scripts, and other teacher resources to reduce prep time and support your grammar teaching needs
- Elements iTools Online includes the student book pages for classroom presentation with audio at point of use, answer key, general teaching notes, additional grammar presentations, pop-up photos, and links taking you directly to Elements Online Practice Plus
Level-appropriate charts explain grammar in a clear, simple and highly visual way so that students can readily understand and review the grammar points. The charts have easy-to-understand explanations, manageable sections, and effective use of color making them accessible. Many of the grammar charts include common student errors. Grammar activities point students back to specific sections of the charts, so they know exactly where to look for help.
The content is engaging, relevant, and meaningful, capturing students’ interest. All the charts, activities, information and pronunciation notes use authentic, corpus-based language based on the 2-billion word Oxford English Corpus so that students learn grammar as it is most likely to be used by a native speaker.
Additional Research Says notes, For Your Information notes, and Pronunciation notes throughout Elements of Success provide students with interesting, useful information. Extensive practice activities ensure students retain their learning, reducing time spent re-teaching the same grammar points. Students are given multiple ways to use the grammar so that they can not only remember it, but are able to apply it.
All the grammar practice activities can be adapted to the unique needs of the students and of the classroom. Think about It, Write about It and Talk about It activities are flexible, open-ended activities which integrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, and engaging topic-based activities put grammar in context. Four-skills practice and critical thinking empower students to use language creatively and develop comprehensive language abilities.
Elements of Success also allows students to practise anytime, anywhere through Elements Online Practice Plus. This easy-to-use site, designed specifically for English Language learners, provides students with all new practice activities and interactive games. Automatic feedback not only gives the right answers but explains why the answers are correct. The integrated discussion board and email tools allow students to communicate with one another.
The Online Practice site includes the grammar charts, audio downloads of all the student book audio, and progress reports to show what students have mastered and what they still need help with.
The comprehensive teacher’s resources for Elements of Success include an easy-to-use learning management system which allows teachers to monitor their students’ performance and communicate with their students online. Teachers can download all the resources, including student book answer keys, teaching notes, class audio, and audio scripts.
Tests are available in a variety of formats to suit every classroom’s unique needs. Teachers can assign automatically-scored online tests or download print-and-go tests or customizable tests.
Elements iTools Online enriches students’ learning experience and reduces teachers’ lesson planning time. Student book on screen engages students with “heads up” instruction, and pop-up photos illustrate grammar points in context and support instruction. On-screen expansion activities promote classroom engagement. Also included are general teaching notes to guide instruction, audio at point of use, extra audio, additional grammar presentations, and links taking you directly to Online Practice.
For Elements of Success 2 (6)
|978-0-19-402879-0||Elements of Success (all levels) Grammar Online Practice Website|
|978-0-19-470680-3||Elements of Success 2 Student Online Practice|
|978-0-19-402884-4||Elements of Success 2 e-book|
|978-0-19-402824-0||Elements of Success 2 Split Edition Student Book A with essential Online Practice|
|978-0-19-402825-7||Elements of Success 2 Split Edition Student Book B with essential Online Practice|
|978-0-19-402823-3||Elements of Success 2 Student Book with essential Online Practice|