Grammar Sense 4 Student Book with Online Practice Access Code Card A Sensible Solution to Learning Grammar
Second Edition Susan Kesner Bland, Cheryl Pavlik, Alice Savage, Patricia Mayer
A comprehensive, four-level American English grammar practice series that gives learners a true understanding of how grammar is used in authentic contexts.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-448919-5
- Binding: Paperback
What’s new for the Second Edition?
A new focus on Critical Thinking to help students apply their grammatical knowledge, an extra section on Writing in every chapter, additional practice in the new Online Workbook and new Part Tests at the end of every section to check and review progress.
- Grammar Instruction Engaging reading texts, comprehensive grammar instruction and extensive grammar practice give learners a true understanding of how grammar is used in an authentic contexts
- Writing New Writing section guides the application of grammatical knowledge to compositions
- Critical Thinking Think Critically activities build learner awareness of grammar
- Technology Online Practice provides new content and practice activities
- Assessment Part Tests at the end of every section provide ongoing assessment.
Grammar Sense is a four-level discourse-based grammar series which focuses on the connection between form, meaning, and use of English structures. The series is based on the fundamental premise that English grammar is learnable and teachable if it is systematically organized and explained. Grammar Sense implements linguistic and applied linguistic research on how, where, when, and why native speakers use English structures, and how non-native speakers learn them. This series provides learners with a true understanding of how grammar is used in authentic contexts. Grammar is presented in discourse rather than in isolated sentences which allows the students to understand English grammar in real life situations.