Oxford English Grammar Course
Step by step to grammar success
Michael Swan: ELTons 2014 British Council lifetime achievement award winner
Catherine Walter: ELTons 2016 British Council lifetime achievement award winner
A three-level grammar course by award-winning authors Michael Swan and Catherine Walter which offers step-by-step presentation and plenty of practice. Interactive e-books feature 'Pronunciation for Grammar', a unique resource to practise understanding natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation.
Oxford English Grammar Course Basic and Intermediate are revisions and expansions of the highly successful Good Grammar Book and How English Works, respectively. The Advanced level includes 'grammar beyond the sentence' for understanding and producing longer texts and exchanges. The course will enable advanced level students to benefit from Practical English Usage, 4th edition.
- Basic with Answers (includes e-book)
- Basic without Answers (includes e-book)
- Basic e-book, Intermediate with Answers (includes e-book)
- Intermediate without Answers (includes e-book)
- Intermediate e-book
- Advanced with Answers (includes e-book)
- Advanced e-book
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises are organized into two levels of difficulty (Basic and Intermediate only)
- Pronunciation for Grammar, in the e-book, helps students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation
- Free downloadable lesson-by-lesson Teacher's Guide for each level offers suggestions for hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class activities
Grammar explanations are short, clear and easy to remember. Colour is used to highlight grammatical contrasts. Do-it-yourself exercises encourage students to discover how grammar works. Each grammar explanation is followed immediately by an activity, so that students can consolidate before moving on to the next explanation. Engaging exercises enable students to practise real-life use of language, and personalisation activities allow students to use the grammar to talk about themselves.
There are 'More practice' pages and (at the Basic and Intermediate levels) a revision test at the end of each section.
OEGC Basic and Intermediate have units at two levels. Some, marked 'Revise the Basics', revise elementary points of grammar which may still cause problems; units marked 'Level 2' are more advanced. OEGC Advanced has a special 'Grammar beyond the sentence' section, focusing on grammar for skills and text-structuring.
Interactive e-books allow students to do all the exercises on a tablet or computer, both online and offline. Recordings of texts provide added listening practice. ‘Pronunciation for Grammar’ has over 100 interactive exercises which help students to understand natural speech, and to improve rhythm, stress and intonation. Record and playback function allows students to listen, think, repeat and record.
Each level includes a Teacher's Guide. These lesson-by-lesson guides supplement the Student's Book exercises with hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class practice activities, to help students make the move from practising grammar to using grammar. They also contain helpful Language Notes showing typical problems students may have with certain structures, often because of cross-language differences. You can see a sample from the Intermediate Teacher's Guide, or download the complete Guides free from www.oup.com/elt/oegcteachersguides.
- All the step-by-step teaching and practice material from the print book, including automatically marked versions of the exercises.
- Automatic marking with complete answer keys, including suggested answers for open questions.
- Recordings of texts to provide added listening practice.
- '‘Pronunciation for Grammar’: a unique resource with listening, recording and playback exercises, to help students follow natural speech and improve rhythm, stress and intonation.
For Oxford English Grammar Course (8)
Complete interactive e-book version of the Oxford English Grammar Course Basic. ...
A grammar practice series, taking students from elementary to advanced. Updated ...
Complete interactive e-book version of theOxford English Grammar Course Basic. A...
|978-0-19-441496-8||Oxford English Grammar Course Advanced e-book|
|978-0-19-441493-7||Oxford English Grammar Course Advanced with Key (includes e-book)|
|978-0-19-441490-6||Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate without Key (includes e-book)|
|978-0-19-441487-6||Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate with Key (includes e-book)|
|978-0-19-441484-5||Oxford English Grammar Course Basic without Key (includes e-book)|
|978-0-19-441481-4||Oxford English Grammar Course Basic with Key (includes e-book)|
|978-0-19-442089-1||Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate e-book|
|978-0-19-442087-7||Oxford English Grammar Course Basic e-book|