Oxford English Grammar Course
Step by step to grammar success
Michael Swan: ELTons 2014 British Council lifetime achievement award winner
A new three-level grammar course by award-winning authors Michael Swan and Catherine Walter which offers step-by-step presentation and plenty of practice. ‘Pronunciation for grammar’ CD-ROMs help students understand how grammar sounds. Available as an interactive e-book for Basic and Intermediate levels.
Oxford English Grammar Course Basic and Intermediate are revisions and expansions of the highly successful Good Grammar Book and How English Works. The Advanced level is completely new, and includes grammar for reading, writing and speaking. The course will enable advanced level students to benefit from Practical English Usage, 4th edition.
- Basic with Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Basic without Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Intermediate with Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Intermediate without Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Advanced with Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Basic enhanced e-book
- Intermediate enhanced e-book
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities including Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises are organized into two levels of difficulty (Basic and Intermediate only)
- 'Pronunciation for grammar' CD-ROM practises rhythm, stress and intonation
- Free downloadable lesson-by-lesson Teacher's Guide for each level, with suggestions for hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class activities
Grammar explanations are short, clear and easy to remember. Colour is used to highlight grammatical contrasts. Each grammar explanation is followed immediately by an activity, so that students can practise before moving on to the next explanation. Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises which enable students to see how language is used in real life, Do-it-yourself exercises which encourage students to discover how grammar works, and personalisation activities which allow students to use the grammar to talk about themselves.
There are 'More practice' pages and a revision test at the end of each section.
OEGC Basic and Intermediate have units at two levels. Some, marked 'Revise the Basics', revise elementary points of grammar which may still cause problems; units marked 'Level 2' are more advanced. OEGC Advanced has a special 'Grammar beyond the sentence' section, focusing on grammar for skills and text-structuring.
Each level has a free downloadable Teacher's Guide. These lesson-by-lesson guides supplement the Student's Book exercises with hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class practice activities, to help students make the move from practising grammar to using grammar. They also contain helpful Language Notes showing typical problems students may have with certain structures, often because of cross-language differences. You can see a sample from the Intermediate Teacher's Guide, or download the complete Guides free from www.oup.com/elt/oegcteachersguides.
- Listening to identify what you heard
- Distinguish between a question and a statement
- Differences between strong and weak forms
- Back chaining for rhythm
For Oxford English Grammar Course (5)
Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate is the second of the three levels of ...
|978-0-19-442089-1||Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate e-book|
|978-0-19-442087-7||Oxford English Grammar Course Basic e-book|
|978-0-19-431250-9||Oxford English Grammar Course Advanced with Answers CD-ROM Pack|
|978-0-19-442082-2||Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate with Answers CD-ROM Pack|
|978-0-19-442077-8||Oxford English Grammar Course Basic with Answers CD-ROM Pack|