Oxford Learner's Bookshelf App
Oxford Learner's Bookshelf App
The home of your interactive digital books
Shortlisted for ESU President's Award 2013
Give your students a highly interactive learning experience with our e-books available via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf. They offer all the content from the Student books and Work books with extra, interactive features to support your students' learning.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-478475-7
Oxford Student book and Workbook e-books, Graded Reader e-books, and Classroom Presentation Tools are available on the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf via an app for iPad and tablets - for Android - and desktops (for Windows, Linux or Mac). Students can also study online at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com, with work syncing between devices.
Try free samples
To try free e-book samples on a tablet:
Go to the App Store for iPad or Google Play for tablets (for Android). Download the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app, then register or sign in. You'll see some free samples in the Cloud bookshelf, ready for you to download and try out. Tap Download to start downloading a book.
Find more free samples in the Book shop. Tap Book shop and find Featured books - try free samples. Tap a book, then the Try sample button to start downloading it.
To try free e-book samples on a computer:
Download the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf desktop app (for Windows, Linux or Mac) or go online to www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com. Register or sign in. You'll see some free samples ready to use on your computer.
- Engage students with interactive learning activities - the e-books come to life with extra digital features to enhance the learning experience.
- Encourage students to study anytime, anywhere - ready to go activities for inside or outside the classroom, online or offline.
- Connect students to a world-famous dictionary - quickly look up the definitions of words and phrases from the Oxford Learner's Dictionaries.
- Video and Audio to keep students engaged - watch video straight from the page and listen to audio for authentic listening practice with voice record to practice speaking and pronunciation.
- Annotation tools and easy navigation - add notes and use the pen and highlighter tool to annotate the page and easily navigate using bookmarks, jump to page, and the search tool.
- Improve language skills with hundreds of award-winning, captivating Graded Reader e-books.
- Enhance the reading experience with engaging activities integrated into each book.
- Improve pronunciation with the listen, record and playback feature.
- Celebrate achievements with the 'Reading Diary' Students can keep track of their reading progress and download certificates.
- Build confidence by progressing through our carefully CEFR-levelled Graded Readers at your own pace.
- Deliver engaging lessons with Classroom Presentation Tools - bring your coursebooks to life in the classroom. Simply present your learning resources on screen for highly engaging lessons either face to face or online.
- Create an interactive learning experience - instantly play audio and video, launch fun activities and games, show answers, present scripts and expand images for discussion, all from the front of the class.
- Save time and make lesson planning easy - quickly navigate to your ready to go lessons, add personalised notes and use the pen and highlighter tool to annotate the page. Prepare your lessons anywhere, even when you are offline.
How to buy
Students can buy e-books and Graded Readers here on the ELT website. They can just search for the title required and add it to their basket or browse them here.
Institutions can also buy access codes for their students by contacting their local ELT consultant.