Oxford Learner's Bookshelf
Oxford Learner's Bookshelf
Oxford e-books for courses and Graded Readers
Shortlisted for ESU President's Award 2013
Give your students a highly interactive learning experience with our e-books available via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf. Students watch video and complete activities or take notes at the same time, improve their listening by slowing down audio to hear each word clearly, practice their pronunciation by repeating audio, recording their own, and comparing to the original, and more.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-478475-7
Oxford e-books for courses and Graded Readers are available via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf, an app for iPad and tablets for Android. Students can also study online on a computer at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com, with work syncing between devices.
Try free samples
To try free e-book samples on a tablet:
Go to the App Store for iPad or Google Play for tablets for Android. Download the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app, then register or log in. You'll see some free samples in the Cloud bookshelf, ready for you to download and try out. Tap Download to start downloading a book.
Find more free samples in the Book shop. Tap Book shop and find Featured books - try free samples. Tap a book, then the Try sample button to start downloading it.
To try free e-book samples on a computer:
Go to www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com. Register or log in. You'll see some free samples ready to use on your computer.
- Video plays straight from the page; students complete activities or take notes at the same time
- Students can slow down audio to hear each word clearly and improve comprehension. Then speed up again for authentic listening practice
- The record and compare audio toolbar lets students check their pronunciation, and to practise speaking they can record audio notes and listen back
- Students draw on the page, highlight words, write sticky notes and record audio notes to save anywhere on the page
- Automatic marking lets students check their progress and learn from their mistakes
- Email homework to the teacher
- Quick and easy for students to find their way around the books
- Students use either a tablet or computer and their work syncs between devices
- e-Books are safely stored in the Cloud so students can download their books again if they lose or change their tablet
We have a wide selection of coursebooks and Graded Readers to suit your students' level, interest and age. Find them at: www.oup.com/elt/fingertips
The e-books offer interactive features designed specifically for language learners:
Video plays straight from the page and stays on screen while students move around pages, making it easy for them to watch and work.
Audio player for listening and pronunciation practice
The audio player allows students to slow down the audio to hear each word more clearly, and then speed up again. To improve pronunciation students listen to audio, record their own, and then compare to the original.
Automatically marked activities
Automatic marking lets students check their progress and learn from their mistakes. They can also email a page to their teacher for marking, or to add to their learning portfolio.
Tools to personalize your e-book
Students can write or record sticky notes and save them anywhere on the page, and there are tools to draw on the page or highlight text.
Navigation tools make it quick and easy for students to get around their e-book. They can bookmark pages, jump to a page, and use the thumbnail sorter to find a page.
Different e-books have different features
Students can buy e-books as an in-App purchase by downloading the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app and tapping Book shop.
Download on the App Store
Get it on Google Play
Institutions can also buy access codes for their students by contacting their local ELT consultant.
Watch this video for help on getting started, and send your students this link: www.brainshark.com/oup/OLBgetstarted
How to use access codes
For institutions buying access codes for their students, find the instructions your students need to use their access codes here.
Using e-books on iPad or tablets for Android
To find the latest system requirements go to the App Store for iPad or Google Play for tablets for Android.
Using e-books online on a computer
Go to www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com and click System Requirements.