Wordsmith Tools 6.0 Single User LicenceNew
Published by Lexical Analysis Software Ltd. and distributed by Oxford University Press
Concordancing software for exploring the way real language works.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-450516-1
Wordsmith Tools is an integrated suite of programs for looking at how words behave in texts. You will be able to use the tools to find out how words are used in your own texts, or those of others.
- The package provides an integrated set of tools for analysing texts, together with utilities to help you build your own corpus.
- The Concord tool generates a list of examples of where a particular word has been used in a text. It finds collocates of the word, identifies common phrases, and displays a graphical map showing where the word occurs in the text.
- The Keywords tool identifies words in a text whose frequency is unusually high in comparison with other texts. This enables you to characterize a text or genre.
- The Wordlist tool generates word lists in alphabetical and frequency order, enabling you to compare texts lexically. It also provides statistics such as total number of words, length of words, number of sentences, etc.
- A number of utilities are provided including a Text Converter for changing the format of data files, for example by removing unnecessary spaces or replacing accented characters.
- Extensive on-screen help is provided.
WordSmith Tools is distributed exclusively via the Internet. To obtain the software, you need to download it, install it and unlock it using a registration code. To purchase a registration code, please send us a completed order form. Until unlocked, the software will run in evaluation mode and display only a sample of its output.
Order Form »