Cookie and Friends
British Council Award for Innovation 2005 (Spanish Edition)
Cookie and Friends is a three-level, story-based course with a rich package of resources that are practical and fun: perfect for the very young.
- Level: Pre-school
Cookie and Friends offers you everything you need to teach 3-6 year olds.
The incredible resources, including posters, flashcards, a puppet, CD-ROM and Audio CD are not only fun for your students, but help you to establish classroom routines.
The delightful stories are brought to life through the beautiful A4 story cards.
Plus - the tear-out worksheets develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills as well as language learning.
- Teacher's Book
- Play Pack
- Class Audio CD
- Practical and attractive package including Cookie puppet, CD-ROM, interactive Lulu poster, story cards, flashcards and video
- Story-based learning with fun characters told through stunning A4 story cards
- Classbook with colourful tear-out worksheets to develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills
- Step-by-step teacher's notes allow for different lesson lengths and number of teaching hours
- Classroom management routines with catchy songs
- Songs use traditional tunes so children can learn them more easily
The wide variety of materials combined with step-by-step teacher's notes from experienced teacher, teacher-trainer, and author Vanessa Reilly, offer you everything you need to ensure your lessons are varied and well-structured.
Each exciting resource has a pedagogical purpose in your classroom. Use the friendly Cookie puppet to interact with your students, and the Lulu poster to teach new vocabulary. The songs have catchy, traditional tunes, to help students learn and remember language.
What's more, special songs on the Audio CD introduce "Circle time" (when the class sits on the carpet to sing, play, or share a story) and "Table time" (when pupils work quietly with a worksheet); which enables you to establish classroom routines.
Beautiful A4 story cards help you to tell the stories of Cookie the cat, Densel the duck and Lulu the kangaroo, three friends who live in a tree. The context and language is easy for very young learners to understand, which means they can relax and have fun with the characters.
But that's not all, the tear-out worksheets also enable you to teach motor skills, hand-to-eye coordination, pre-reading skills, pre-writing skills and personal skills, such as working with others.