Playtime A Class Book Stories, DVD and play – start to learn real-life English the Playtime way!
Claire Selby (illustrations Annabel Tempest)
The fun, new three-level British English course with fully integrated DVD motivating pre-schoolers to learn through memorable stories and songs.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-404654-1
- Pages: 88
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x219 inches
This great new series focuses on the real-life pre-school environment, a familiar setting for little ones to start learning English through other subjects.
Monkey (the puppet) starts every lesson in a fun way and the children's enthusiasm for English builds from the beginning.
Through easy-to-follow classroom routines for each lesson, children also learn to develop good habits and good behaviour.
Playtime's lively stories present natural language in familiar contexts - using integrated DVD as well.
- Pop-outs (six pages)
- a Starter unit
- 3 festival and holiday units
- Mini flashcards (seven pages of smaller versions of the flashcards)
- There are 60 core lessons for Levels A and B, which can be boosted by an extra 30 lessons in the Work Book.
- The Class Book contains a Starter Unit and six units with core teaching materials and two festival and holiday units.
- There are 6 pages of mini flashcards (smaller versions of the flashcards) along with pop outs.
- Great home-school links with the Class
1. Class Book activity pages are perforated - so children can take them home
2. In every unit the children make a pop-out based on the story that they can take home to tell the story there.
- The Class Book contains EIGHT activities per unit:
1. Two consolidation activities - following the story
2. Two vocabulary activities - to practise the vocabulary song
3. Cross-curricular/DVD activity - to consolidate the theme
4. Own life activity - to personalise the topic to the child's life
5. Key language activity - to bring together all of the language learnt in the unit
6. Song activity - using the pop outs
1. The Playtime Class Book appeals to all styles of learning, embodied in the four playful, child characters - Rocket, Twig, Star and Melody.
2. The teacher is provided with the widest variety of flexible components in a pre school course, including DVDs
3. Children are introduced to each story by a friendly monkey puppet who guides their repeated contact with the language through memorable songs, story songs, digital classroom resources and craft-based activities.
4. The cross-curricular approach helps learners explore their first experience of English through other subjects and see English in a real-life British context through photographs and DVD
5. Parents and learners are supported by a website with additional practice and content - building on a child's learning in school at home
Teacher's Book A - Syllabus, pages 8 - 12 (PDF: 76.8 KB)