The 2nd edition of Show and Tell builds on its tried and tested methodology, developing 21st Century Skills in critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity, to prepare students for future success both inside and outside the classroom.
- Language Level: Pre-school / Kindergarten Pre - A1
'How do we make music?', 'Who makes you happy?', 'What can you find outside?'
Show and Tell uses an inquiry-based approach to learning that taps into young learners' natural curiosity. Big Questions at the start of every unit encourage students to ask questions, find their own answers and play an active role in their own learning. The course is underpinned by four major 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration, and Creativity ensuring Show and Tell lays the foundations for success in the 21st Century.
Use with Oxford Discover 2nd edition to teach an inquiry-based course from Kindergarten through Primary.
- Student Book
- LingoKids home-learning app
- Activity Book
- Literacy Book
- Numeracy Book
- Class Audio CDs
- Teacher's Pack
- Classroom Resource Pack
- Unique methodology which combines a native-speaker approach of inquiry-based learning with a controlled grammar and skills syllabus.
- Big Questions, linked to children's real lives, form the basis of every unit and tap into learner's curiosity.
- NEW Hello Unit and It's a Wrap sections in the Student Book ensure an easier transition through Kindergarten.
- NEW Teaching Strategies for Show and Tell videos linked to the Teacher's Guide give a pratical guide for different elements of the course.
- NEW Classroom Presentation Tool: deliver heads-up lessons. Class audio, video and answer keys, as well as teaching notes, are available online or offline, and updated across all devices.
- NEW Teacher's Resource Center: access to a variety of Show and Tell classroom materials all in one place.
- NEW Lingokids™ home learning app extends students' contact with English beyond the classroom.
- Enhanced and improved Numeracy Book aligned to preschool cirriculum and NEW Numeracy Book and Literacy Book for Level 1.
The tried and trusted Show and Tell methodology prepares students for school readiness and future success. Different learning styles are accommodated by the great variety of activities and children are able to produce language at different levels according to their ability.
The early literacy material contains stories that can be readand re-read for pleasure, activities to develop early reading and writing skills, and a systematic phonics syllabus. The development of fine motor skills is gradual and flexible, in keeping with the differing needs of individual children. The units contain stories, games, songs and chants, craftwork, and simple experiments. Problem-solving activities encourage children to think critically and creatively. Values lessons teach children how to behave both inside and outside the classroom. Stories, hand-eye coordination practice and letter formation activities lead to reading and writing simple sentences. The games promote collaboration and opportunities for natural peer-to-peer communication.
The material is divided into nine thematic units, each posing the Big Question. The question is explored in different ways to build and broaden children's understanding, culminating in a project that integrates their learning and provides a real sense of achievement.
- Extra activities, worksheets and progress checks.
- Parent and Teacher Guides for further support Teaching Strategies for Show and Tell videos linked to the Teacher's Guide give practical tips for particular elements of the course.
- Routine Songs Videos to be used in the classroom to bring daily routines to life!
- Student Book PDFs for interactive, engaging lessons.
- Audio to be used in the classroom.
- Animations that are linked to certain Show and Tell units.
- Slideshows and Posters.