Alice Savage, Patricia Mayer, Masoud Shafiei, Rhonda Liss, & Jason Davis
Effective Academic Writing is a four-level academic writing skills course with integrated online practice and support that teaches the complete academic writing process from sentence level to researched essay.
- Level: A1-B2
Effective Academic Writing instills student confidence and provides the tools necessary for successful academic writing. More content-area related assignments with more academic vocabulary and readings prepare students for the challenges of the academic classroom. Each unit introduces an academic content theme and writing task and guides students through the Writing Process The new Introductory Level provides students with the support and instruction they need for writing success in the lowest-level writing courses.
- Student Book
- New Introductory Level ensures that the course provides a complete step-by-step writing process, guiding and refining writing skills, from sentence level to researched essay
- Digital Resources help students structure and refine their writing
- Timed Writing Practice prepares students for success on high-stakes tests
- Each unit features a structured writing task supported by authentic texts, writing models, and skill presentations to guide students to a successful result
- NEW e-books with interactive features designed for language learning
Each unit guides the student through the structured writing process with plenty of full colour illustrations, examples, and exercises to engage the student and build confidence.
Online Grammar Practice encourages practice beyond the classroom, allowing students to make up classes missed.
A timed writing task in every unit prepares students for exams and high-stakes tests including IELTS™, TOEFL®, and TOEIC®.
Access to online resources saves teachers time, allowing them to customize and print IELTS™-style, TOEFL®-style and TOEIC®-style writing tests.
Effective Academic Writing Second Edition is now available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Institutions can buy access codes for their students. Find out more information.
Features to look out for:
- Automatically marked, interactive activities.
- Access online practice: Links embedded on the page.
- Split screen reading: Reading text stays on screen while you move around pages. Read and answer questions at the same time.
- Additional resources: Interactive outline templates and peer editor’s worksheets.
- Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
Available for all levels.