You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Cheryl Boyd Zimmerman (Series Director), Arline Burgmeier, Kent Richmond, Bruce Rubin, Lawrence J. Zwier, Walton Burns, Rachel Lange, Jennifer Bixby, Nigel A. Caplan, Kate Adams, Angela Blackwell, Karen Hamilton, Daniel E Hamlin, Linda-Marie Koza, Lawrence Lawson, Therese Naber and Kristin D Sherman ,
Winner David E. Eskey Award for Inside Reading (First Edition)
The Inside Series is a five-level academic skills series that helps students in higher education to succeed in their studies and beyond.
- Language Level: Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate and Advanced
The Inside Series prepares students to communicate effectively in academic contexts, while acquiring key academic vocabulary from the Academic Word List.
Each unit features texts and tasks from academic content areas, explicit skills instruction relevant to academic study, and targeted words from the Academic Word List.
- Student Book
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Digital Download Center
- Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool
- Student Book e-book
- Explicit skills instruction for listening, speaking, reading and writing provides the foundation for academic achievement
- High-interest texts from academic content areas, such as sociology, nutrition, architecture, and business, motivate students
- Systematic acquisition of the entire Academic Word List through targeted receptive and productive activities creates independent word learners
- Examples from the Oxford English Corpus teach real-life English
- Focus the class on key teaching points with the Classroom Presentation Tool
Authentic texts expose students to real-world, high interest content and academic language. Topics include sociology, nutrition, architecture, and business, among many others. Example sentences from the Oxford English Corpus teach real-life English, based on authentic texts.
Explicit skills instruction provides the foundation for effective language learning. At all levels, the series covers skills that are vital to student success in the academic classroom. Skills include pronunciation, note-taking, skimming and scanning, annotating and highlighting, categorizing, interpreting charts, tables and graphs, describing, supporting an opinion and more.
The Inside Series helps students to acquire vocabulary from the Academic Word List by systematically incorporating AWL vocabulary across all five levels. Students first encounter the unit vocabulary words in a pre-unit self-assessment exercise, enabling them to check how familiar they are with the vocabulary they will encounter in the unit. These words are highlighted throughout the unit, meaning that students can learn them in context.
For the teacher, the Classroom Presentation Tool displays the book-on-screen, with a range of tools to focus the class on key teaching points and facilitate classroom management.
Inside Listening and Speaking, Inside Reading and Inside Writing are designed to complement each other. Parallel content across all three strands provides continuity for students while also offering fresh topics to engage students’ interest. Together, they offer even more exposure to academic vocabulary, providing more opportunities for students to apply and retain their academic word knowledge.