Inside Writing Level 3 e-book
+ Sales Tax
Inside Writing Level 3 e-book
Develop writing skills and acquire the Academic Word List.
Inside Writing is a five-level academic writing course that develops students’ writing skills and teaches key academic vocabulary from the Academic Word List.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-460139-9
- Price: GBP 45.99 + Sales Tax
Insider Writing level 3 is available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app and online on a computer at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com. Learners study online or on a tablet and their work syncs between devices.
Institutions can buy access codes for their students. Find out more .
- Clear focus on writing structure guides the student step-by-step from word to sentence and paragraph level to produce independent, confident writers
- Writing models in different genres allow students to see how different multiple text types function
- Genre-based approach enables students to write for different audiences and purposes
- Systematic acquisition of the entire Academic Word List through targeted receptive and productive activities creates independent word learners
- Examples from the Oxford English Corpus teach real-life English
- Grammar for Editing activities help students learn how to revisit and improve their writing
- e-Books with interactive features designed for language learning create a modern and inspiring learning environment
Writing techniques, including analyzing audience, providing a hook, and using correct register, prepare students for academic writing. Writing models show examples of authentic academic text types and allow students to analyze what makes a text effective before creating their own. Grammar and vocabulary instruction ensures students are good writers on both sentence and essay level.
Inside Writing helps students to acquire vocabulary from the Academic Word List by systematically incorporating AWL vocabulary across all five levels. Students first encounter the unit vocabulary words in a pre-unit self-assessment exercise, enabling them to check how familiar they are with the vocabulary they will encounter in the unit. These words are highlighted throughout the unit, meaning that students can learn them in context. Based on a corpus of 3.4 million words, the Academic Word List (AWL) is the most principled and widely accepted list of academic words.
Example sentences from the Oxford English Corpus teach real-life English, based on authentic texts. The Oxford English Corpus is based on a collection of over 2 billion 21st Century English texts. The sentences taken from the corpus demonstrate the most frequent and salient use of a word, meaning that students learn to produce authentic English in use.
The licence period for this product is perpetual.
The use of this product is subject to the Oxford Learners Bookshelf terms and conditions.