You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Peg Sarosy, Kathy Sherak, Laurie Frazier and Shalle Leeming
Lecture Ready: Strategies for Academic Listening and Speaking Second Edition guides students through the complete academic process.
- Language Level: B1-B2
Through the use of realistic and engaging lectures, Lecture Ready Second Edition prepares students for the demands and atmosphere of the higher-education classroom.
Note-taking strategies focus on accurate and concise recording of class material. Academic discussion strategies help students participate fully and smoothly in classroom discussions. Students are more competent and confident when they learn how to present using proven strategies for academic success.
These strategies help students meet their presentation challenges in and beyond the language classroom.
- Student Book
- Prepares students for listening, note-taking, and academic discussions through videos of realistic and engaging lectures
- Explicit presentation skills prepare students for public speaking, a requirement in today’s academic and professional world
- Audio and video available through the Lecture Ready Digital Download Center, www.lectureready.com/student, allows students to study anytime, anywhere
- Video-based assessment help teachers assess progress and show what students have mastered and where they still need help
- NEW e-books with interactive features designed for language learning
The course takes students through different stages of academic study, from listening to a lecture, note-taking, academic discussions, and presenting their ideas to a group. At each stage students learn strategies for academic success.
Each Student Book chapter has five steps. In the first step, students listen to a lecture and apply new strategies, focusing on common lecture language e.g. listening for an example. Next students watch a video lecture and take notes, just as they would in a real lecture.
Students then apply the knowledge they’ve learned from the listening in a discussion session, and present their ideas to the class. Videos of presentations for each presentation strategy allow students to see and apply these skills to their own presentations.
Finally, students assess their knowledge. Video-based tests help teachers assess progress and show what students have mastered and where they still need help.
Through learning and practising these academic strategies, Lecture Ready, Second Edition helps students prepare for the realities of academic life.
Unit, midterm, and final exams can be found on iTools or www.lectureready.com/teacher. Click on the iTools tab for more information.
Tests include unit, midterm, and final tests. The tests are available as click-and-print PDFs and customizable Word documents, so they can be adapted to meet students’ needs. All tests are based on the 100% new video content, engaging students and helping them to prepare for standardized tests.
iTools can be used with an LCD projector or interactive whiteboard.
For additional support email our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video-based unit, midterm, and final exams allow on-going assessment.
Use the access code printed on the inside back cover of the Student Book to download video and audio at www.lectureready.com/student.
Lecture Ready Second Edition is now available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Features to look out for:
- Improve pronunciation: Repeat audio, record yourself, and compare to original.
- Improve listening: Slow down audio to hear each word clearly.
- Split screen video/activity. Video stays on screen while you move around pages. Easy to watch and work.
- Split screen reading: Reading text stays on screen while you move around pages. Read and answer questions at the same time.
- Automatically marked, interactive activities.
- Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
Available for all levels.