Kathleen F Flynn, Daphne Mackey and Latricia Trites
Teaches reading skills through high-interest texts from the content areas, and a strong vocabulary strand.
- Vocabulary and concepts recycled through three linked readings per unit.
- Strong vocabulary strand prepares students for academic reading.
- Straightforward exercises make the units easy to teach.
- Review at the end of each unit includes writing and discussion activities.
- Reading Assessment available on ExamView® test generator CD-ROM.
High-interest readings grouped in units, each with three chapters that are linked by theme. The first reading is about an individual, the second a related place, and the third a related concept or event.