Q: Skills for Success Intro
Q: Skills for Success is grounded in teaching theory as well as real-world classroom practice, making it the most learner-centered series available.
- Part of: Q: Skills for Success
Q Skills for Success encourages students to think critically and succeed academically.
Q’s question-centred approach provides a unique critical thinking framework for each unit. This develops key cognitive skills such as analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating—as well as developing the language skills essential for academic success.
Learning outcomes are clearly stated at the start and end of the units, with competency self-evaluations and vocabulary check lists featuring the Academic Word List. This enables teachers to define learning outcomes effectively to accreditation bodies.
- Student Book with access card to online practice
- Teacher’s Book with Test Generator CD-ROM
- Class Audio CDs
- Learning outcomes are clearly stated at the start and end of the units
- Critical thinking unit approach encourages students to analyze, synthesize, apply knowledge and develop an individual voice around a topic
- Thought-provoking unit questions provide a clear focus for the units
- Reading and listening texts explore a range of academic subjects from biology to finance
- Explicit learning skills sections help students develop important academic skills such as scanning a text, listening for gist and using a dictionary
- Research-based vocabulary program focuses on words from the Academic Word List (AWL) and the Oxford 3000™
- Digital Workbook includes substantial homework practice, reference and tests with simple LMS to help teachers assign and grade work
Clearly identiﬁed learning outcomes that focus students on the goal of instruction
Thought-provoking unit questions that provide a critical thinking framework for each unit
Explicit skills instruction that builds students’ language proﬁciency
All new content and practice activities for every unit, approximately 20 hours of practice per strand, with Q Online Practice.
Q iTools is an interactive classroom presentation tool for use with an interactive whiteboard or computer with projector.
Each level of Q iTools features the Reading and Writing Student Book and the Listening and Speaking Student Book.
Video and audio are fully integrated. Video for every unit introduces the unit theme and activates prior knowledge. Each video is accompanied by one pre-viewing and one post-viewing activity. Video resources include teaching notes on how to use video in the English-language classroom and a video transcript for each unit (available in PDF and Word format) with unfamiliar words footnoted and defined.
As well as video, Q iTools features a bank of time-saving and useful resources. These include grammar worksheets (two per unit), a PowerPoint presentation for each unit, a Unit Test for each unit, and a Midterm Test and Final Test for each Student Book.
Test Preparation worksheets and answer keys for each unit help students to prepare for standardized tests.
Leveled unit assignments (one lower-level unit assignment and one higher-level unit assignment) for each unit allow teachers to assign one project task at different levels to suit the mixed ability classroom.
Finally, Q iTools also includes a list of suggested Oxford readers to promote extensive reading alongside Q.
Watch a walkthrough of Q iTools to find out more about how using iTools can benefit your class.
Q: Skills for Success is now available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Institutions can buy access codes for their students. Find out more information.
Features to look out for:
- Improve pronunciation: Repeat audio, record yourself, and compare to original.
- Improve listening: Slow down audio to hear each word clearly. Read audio scripts and texts as you listen.
- Split screen video/activity. Video stays on screen while you move around pages. Easy to watch and work.
- Split screen reading: Reading text stays on screen while you move around pages. Read and answer questions at the same time.
- Access online practice: Links embedded on the page.
- Automatically marked, interactive activities.
- Additional resources: Interactive video worksheets.
- Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
Available for all levels.
For Q: Skills for Success Intro (1)
Q: Skills for Success is grounded in teaching theory as well as real-world class...
|Q: Skills for Success Intro Reading & Writing Student Book with Student Access Code Card|