Q: Skills for Success 3 Reading & Writing Teacher's Handbook with Test Generator
Colin S. Ward and Margot F. Gramer
Q: Skills for Success is grounded in teaching theory as well as real-world classroom practice, making it the most learner-centered series available.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-475629-7
- Price: $ 47.44
- Pages: 128
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 254x203 inches
Q: Skills for Success 3 Reading & Writing Teacher's Handbook Pack with Test Generator gives strategic support through specific teaching notes for each activity, ideas for ensuring student participation, a unit-specific scoring rubric and answer keys. Sections on 21st Century Skills focus on a college and career-ready curriculum, while multilevel strategies and expansion activities suit a range of student abilities. The testing program CD-ROM features a full range of customizable testing materials for each unit, including midterm, final and placement tests and provides comprehensive evaluation of student progress. Tests accurately measure students mastery of auditory and spoken language skills. Links to Q Online Practice provide additional support and the ability to track and assess student progress.
- Learning outcomes are clearly stated at the start and end of the units
- Critical thinking unit approach encourages students to analyze, synthesize, apply knowledge and develop an individual voice around a topic
- Thought-provoking unit questions provide a clear focus for the units
- Reading and listening texts explore a range of academic subjects from biology to finance
- Explicit learning skills sections help students develop important academic skills such as scanning a text, listening for gist and using a dictionary
- Research-based vocabulary program focuses on words from the Academic Word List (AWL) and the Oxford 3000™
- Digital Workbook includes substantial homework practice, reference and tests with simple LMS to help teachers assign and grade work
Q: Skills for Success is a six-level series with two strands, Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking. The series provides students with:
Clearly identifed learning outcomes that focus students on the goal of instruction
Thought-provoking unit questions that provide a critical thinking framework for each unit
Explicit skills instruction that builds student's language profciency
All new content and practice activities for every unit, approximately 20 hours of practice per strand, with Q Online Practice.