Q: Skills for Success Level 3
Think critically. Succeed academically.
Colin Ward, Margot Gramer, Miles Craven, Kristin Sherman, Larry Zwier
Q: Skills for Success Third Edition builds on its question-centered approach to help students achieve academic success. 90% of teachers believe that Q: Skills for Success has played a significant part in improving the skills their students need for academic study.*
Q: Skills for Success is renowned for helping students to achieve academic success in English.
The Third Edition helps students to develop the techniques and critical thinking skills they need for academic study with new Critical Thinking Strategies, updated texts and topics and 100% new assessment.
- Student Book with iQ Online Practice
- Student Book e-book with iQ Online Practice
- Teacher's Access Card
- Audio CDs
- Split Pack A with iQ Online Practice
- Split Pack B with iQ Online Practice
- iQ Online Practice
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Teacher's Handbook with Teacher's Access Card
- Each unit video now has NEW "Work with the Video" pages in the Student Book to guide students in watching, understanding, and discussing the unit videos.
- NEW Critical Thinking Strategies and activities in every unit help students analyze, develop and justify their ideas. Online videos accompany each strategy to help students gain a deeper understanding.
- NEW skills videos provide illustrated explanations of skills and grammar points in the Student Book to support students' skills development.
- 100% NEW unit, placement, midterm and final tests have been developed with feedback from real teachers.
- Clear learning outcomes and reflection worksheets encourage students to evaluate their own progress, reflect on their learning, and identify areas for improvement.
- iQ Online Practice is now suitable for mobile use which gives students greater flexibility in where and when they get extra skills practice, access audio and video, and check their progress. The NEW Extensive Reading program offers an Oxford Graded Reader aligned to each unit to motivate students in their reading.
- Vocabulary from the NEW Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon helps students to develop essential spoken and written language for their academic studies.
- Vocabulary from the Oxford 3000™ and new Oxford 5000™ provide students with the most frequent and relevant words they need in English, as chosen by language experts.
Q: Skills for Success develops the critical thinking skills your students need.
- NEW Critical Thinking Strategies and activities in every unit to help students analyze, develop and justify their ideas.
- NEW author-voiced videos accompany each strategy to guide your students' critical thinking and help them gain a deeper understanding.
Q: Skills for Success prepares students with the core language skills and the softer skills they need for academic success.
- The Third Edition promotes continuous learning and encourages students to evaluate their own progress with detailed answer explanations and reflection worksheets. Find all testing material online in the Teacher's Resources.
- New texts and videos are on topics that have been chosen by teachers to inspire students to engage with their learning.
- A research-based vocabulary program focuses on the words students need to know academically and professionally. The vocabulary syllabus in Q: Skills for Success is correlated to the CEFR and linked to two word lists:
- The Oxford 3000™ and new Oxford 5000™, which list the core words that every learner needs to know, chosen by language experts.
- The Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon (OPAL), which is collection of four word lists that provide an essential guide to the most important words and phrases to know in academic English. The OPAL includes both spoken and written academic English and both individual words and longer phrases.
- iQ Online Practice is now optimised for mobile use, allowing students to get extra skills practice, access audio and video, and check their progress – whenever and wherever suits them. This includes all Unit Videos, new Critical Thinking Videos and new Skills Videos that provide illustrated explanations of skills and grammar points in the Student Book.
- The refreshed iQ Online Practice Discussion Board lets students discuss their learning with their peers.
- The updated Writing Tutor supports students to practice their academic writing skills (available with Reading and Writing iQ Online Practice only).
- For further practice and motivation, the new Extensive Reading program offers sample chapters from Oxford Graded Readers aligned to each unit.
Q: Skills for Success now has a new edition! Built on the success of the previous editions, with many new features such as New Critical Thinking Strategies, New videos, and vocabulary from the New Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon.
Внутри Q: Skills for Success Level 3 (24)